Gate Agent at Louis Berger Services, Inc
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Baltimore Washington Airport Baltimore, Maryland
Baltimore Washington Airport - Baltimore, MD 21240 US (Primary)
Airport & Aviation
Process passengers through an air terminal using automated and non-automated systems in accordance with AMCI 24-101, and DTR 4500.9R, Parts I and III. Perform other required duties to ensure smooth operation of the air terminal.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Process passengers through an air terminal using automated and non-automated systems in accordance with the applicable guidelines.
* Handle and collect funds as necessary for excess luggage and other travel incidentals that passengers are required to pay for at the terminal.
* Gate passengers in accordance with governing directives by reviewing military issued orders/authorization to travel documentation and determine travel eligibility; operate terminal security equipment; perform Lost and Found baggage procedures; and maintain Space Available and Space Required passenger listings.
* Process baggage for passengers ensuring that it is tagged correctly and meets travel requirements/limitations.
* Perform passenger briefings as required for safety and travel requirements.
* Transport passengers, aircrew and company employees as required.
* Process Distinguished Visitors (DVs) in coordination with the Protocol office.
* Maintain cleanliness of passenger terminal facilities inside and out to include restrooms, common areas, to ensure safety standards are met.
* Understand and abide by the standards set forth for ethical behavior and integrity as detailed in the Code of Business Conduct.
* Perform all other duties as prescribed by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: The following are required skills upon hire for the position:
* Fluent English reading and writing skills to be able to read and understand AMCI guidance for day to day work requirements.
* Must have computer skills to be able to operate and understand the web based Global Air Transportation Execution System (GATES) and/or any replacement government system.
* Must have the appropriate DOD security clearance as required by the PWS or SOW.
* Must maintain a valid United States driver s license.
DESIRABLE SKILLS: The following are desirable skills for the position:
* Experience as a gate agent working with passengers and other traveling customers or experience in a customer services related position.
* Experience handling and accounting for monies collected