Cerner Clinical Support Specialist at NTT Data, Inc
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Sacramento, California
Req ID: 22871
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Cerner Clinical Support Specialist to join our team in Sacramento, California (US-CA), United States (US).
The Clinical Support Specialist (CSS) performs clinical applications support duties with the clinicians and staff providing patient care in the ambulatory clinic setting. These responsibilities include the initial computer-based training and orientation of physicians and staff as well as the on-going computer skills improvement and enhanced competency training associated with the clinical applications. The CSS will participate in workflow design, development, and re-engineering as upgrades, enhancement requests, and new regulations are presented. The CSS I will participate as assigned on project implementation teams; workflow documentation initiatives; and clinical enhancement and optimization efforts. This position has primary responsibility for initial problem triage and assignment, first call issue resolution, critical problem solving, and collaborating/escalation with other IT support teams.
**This position requires working onsite daily at our client facility in California. Potential travel may be up to 25-30% based on project needs. Travel may be required within the assigned market and to events both locally and held at the IT Corporate Offices in Phoenix, Arizona along with various Health hospitals.
* Maintains working relationships with clinicians, staff, and clinic leadership at assigned locations to ensure consistent delivery of all IT support services; acts as assigned resource to the various project teams assisting in the design and development of the continually improving ambulatory applications suite of solutions, performing the delivery of services, and escalating any conflicts that may arise between matrix teams, project teams, team members, facilities, and ambulatory clinics.
* Utilizes the knowledge and skills of clinical practice to recommend clinical functions that are suitable for computer applications and ensure the clinical applications are consistent with professional standards of clinical practice; contributes as assigned in ambulatory governance meetings, department meetings, and staff meetings.
* Supports the Physician Integration functional planning process, including needs assessment, regulatory requirements, and new clinical service requirements involving key stakeholders and utilizing structured analysis methods for planning.
* Delivers consistent clinical support services both within and outside the defined Statement of Work and Service Level Agreements.
* Assists in the development of process and operational redesign recommendations leading to a solution and/or functional system requirements; provides clinical support in all phases of a project plan including system testing, conversion planning, and training material development.
* Communicates functional priorities, design techniques, issues, and issue resolution to leadership; with others, promotes the continuity of the ambulatory computing environment and the application functionality in accordance with the intended design as deployed from clinic to clinic, market to market; monitors application use, system performance, hardware reliability, and software stability. Captures, defines, and prioritizes pre- and post-implementation issues. Reports and participates in the problem solving of issues that impact local and enterprise performance.
* Communicates effectively, and contributes to positive interdepartmental relationships; particularly between technical and clinical staff; takes immediate action to meet customer/user requests or needs.
* Builds relationships with peers and staff. Ensures accountability relative to timelines, work, and product, in support of reporting metrics and protocol compliance; uses critical thinking skills and job knowledge to resolve job-related issues.
* Maintains confidentiality of all patient and Dignity Health information, communications, and documents.
* Participates in the orientation and training of new physicians and staff. Provides on going assistance to ensure technical skill sets of physicians and staff maintain a standard minimum competency; provides assistance relative to technical skill sets for staff and incorporates them into the associated training; constantly evaluates training materials ensuring content is in alignment with application versions and appropriately provides end users with appropriate skills to be successful; demonstrates extraordinary customer relations, quality service, and dedication to providing the highest quality of service to our clinicians, staff, and patients.
* Supports the efficient and effective operations of Ambulatory Clinical Information Systems, the promotion of effective user adoption, and success in deployment of these systems and ensures a professional and responsive atmosphere by greeting patients, visitors, staff, and physicians promptly and courteously. Refers to each individual by name when appropriate.
* Upholds the mission, vision, and values of the organization and those of our customers.
* 2+ years of experience providing system support to clinical staff, or working in a clinical setting with daily use of an electronic health record, and of experience working with clinical workflows within an electronic health record.
* 2+ years of proven knowledge of clinical workflows and documented ability to provide excellent training and support to clinical staff for use of computers and related technologies.
* Knowledge of ambulatory/outpatient care environments and workflow processes.
* Ability to work in a complex and matrixed team environment; experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Computer literacy (use of computer technology to accomplish tasks) and information literacy (ability to recognize, locate, evaluate, and use information appropriately).
* Strong communication skills, ability to translate most concepts to inexperienced computer users and various levels of personnel from executives to end-users and the ability to create effective interpersonal relationships.
* MA, LPN, LVN, RN license or other clinical degree desired. Clinical licensure is desired, but a combination of experience and education can be considered in lieu of a clinical licensure.
* Experience with Allscripts or Cerner preferred.
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.