Payroll Specialist Lead - 8-10 years exp. at NTT Data, Inc
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portland, Maine
Payroll Specialist Lead
Duration: 18 months + extensions, possible conversion perm
Location: Portland ME
CANDIDATE PROFILE DETAILS:
* Degree/Certifications Required: Years of experience: 8-10 years
* Reason for request/why opened: FTE on team is retiring, need to fill gap in knowledge of payroll processing on team
* Personality Style/Team Culture: 15+ people, mostly in ME. Great team, great working environment
* Selling Points of Position: highly impactful role with high visibility.
* How will performance be measured: based on work completed d
SUMMARY OF DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Processes exception pay data entry and Earning and deduction records in the payroll system. Responsible for managing and Processing more complex transactions such as expatriate pay processing, garnishments, severance and award payments. Assumes more complex payroll transactions such as managing the pay validation process and voids. Researches and resolves the most complex payroll problems. Assists less experienced staff with payroll research and inquiries as needed. Work is performed according to standard policies and procedures and according to applicable regulatory guidelines.
* Performs audits on data entered and makes appropriate adjustments. Verifies accuracy of data entered through manual checking and audit reporting.
* Responds to inquiries from employees and management regarding payroll issues. Resolves the most complex issues, referring only unusual issues to Payroll Supervisor.
* Acts as an experienced resource for other team members and provides training to new employees and less experienced team members.
* Generates standard and ad hoc reports for management review and analysis.
* Verifies routing of payroll materials to ensure proper distribution
1.) Strong, experienced payroll processing resource needed to support incumbent PR staff in BAU. In-house, multistate payroll experience required (PeopleSoft and/or Workday a plus)
2.) Experienced in processing Expat payroll.
3.) Payroll background and experience, approx. 8-10 years - Combination of the following: Experience with expatriate pay processing, garnishments, severance and award payments.
4.) Computer skills- excel skills (v look-up, filters, pivot tables), Microsoft suite
5.) Experience with generating reports & data analysis .
NICE TO HAVE/ NOT REQUIRED
1.) Banking/Fi experience
2.) In-house payroll experience using PeopleSoft is ideal but not required.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.