IT Support Technician at NTT Data, Inc
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Northampton, Massachusetts
Req ID: 23802
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a IT Support Technician to join our team in Northampton, Massachusetts (US-MA), United States (US).
The Services team has a strong record of meeting high performance standards while implementing complex global enterprise solutions that deliver real value. We accomplish this through the combination of experienced consultants with a unique implementation approach and culture. Our enterprise consultants possess deep industry expertise, process proficiency, and technology skill, gained through numerous successful implementations. This experience and expertise, combined with our lean, cross-life cycle methodology, helps ensure solutions that deliver real value for our customers.
The Desktop Support Analyst (Technician) will be responsible for performing various managed client services for a strategic customer. These services include: IMAC, Break Fix, Desk Side Support, etc. This role combines strong technical skills with an emphasis on delivery high level of customer service.
Responsibilities include performing advanced configuration and repair of desktop/notebook computer equipment and IP phone handsets including network drops and/or cabling, advanced troubleshooting of technical issues on desktop/notebook computer equipment, low-level configuration and support of server/storage equipment when guided by more senior personnel.
This position will be a Client based position.
* Single point of contact for all IT related activities at all sites in 50 miles
* Onsite IT owner responsible for but, not limited to BF, DSS, IMAC, Refresh, Project oversight and status reports, and Vendor Management
* Coordinate project deliverables
* Report on project deliverables
* Perform network smarthands
* Perform network cable management
* Responds to customer technical problems/issues related to various OEM hardware and software platforms
* Assists customers by diagnosing problems and providing resolutions for technical issues
* Uses troubleshooting techniques and tools to identify products that are defective and follow guidelines in issuing service calls/contacts
* Installs OS and software applications
* Performs PC, laptop, and printer moves and installations
* Advises/educates customers within procedural guidelines to ensure a complete solution to their technical or service questions
* Identifies and provides input on unique or recurring customer problems
* Remains knowledgeable of current industry products and technologies
* Focuses on delivering a positive customer experience according to NTT Data standards
* Monitors and tracks issues to ensure accurate resolution
* Reviews and distribute pertinent cross-functional information
* Collaborates with and supports peers in resolving technical issues
* Solves problems for customers with challenging expectations
* Maintains/builds relationships with other groups that impact delivery of Technical Support
* Participates with managers to determine focus areas for technical improvements.
* Excels at recognizing internal and external customer's needs and expectations
* Learns the full range of technology, products, and services and is able to identify how these products and services align to customer needs
* Explains technical, industry, and market facts to position NTT Data as a competitive solution
* Cooperates and collaborates with colleagues, cross-functionally, to support NTT Data's Strategy
* 5+ years of desktop support experience in a fast paced, corporate environment
* Ability to develop business relationships and communicate effectively with the user community
* Strong troubleshooting skills
* Experience with Windows desktop support troubleshooting in addition to performing printer troubleshooting and repair
* A+ Certification
* Understanding of the fundamentals of network and server/desktop administration, installations, upgrades, techniques, tools, materials, and equipment
* Knowledge of processes and resources required to perform analytical and technical tasks on PC systems
* MCP, MCSE, CNE or Network+ certification
* Knowledge of a variety of Service Industry ticketing/work order generating and tracking systems (Service Now, Remedy, OPAS
v2/v3, etc.) * Asset Management experience
* MCP, MCSE, CNE or Network+ certification
* Itil v3 Foundations Certification
* Previous desktop support experience
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 100,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 85 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.