Patient Service Coordinator - Administration - Per Diem - Days at ProMedica Health
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Monroe, Michigan
Patient Service Coordinator - Administration - Per Diem - Days
Office / Administrative / Clerical
ProMedica - ProMedica Physicians & Continuum Services (PPCS) - ProMedica Monroe Phys, PLLC - Administration (8800)
Monroe, MI 48162-7813 US (Primary)
Being a part of a large family has advantages. With more than 500 ProMedica Physicians and advanced practice providers, our network is the region s most complete, with connections to leading hospitals and a wide spectrum of health services. ProMedica Physicians have locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, all working together with a single mission: the health of our communities.
Patient Service Coordinator assumes the responsibility of determining and responding to the needs of patients and visitors when they contact the practice either by phone or in person, scheduling appointments & other office related duties and/or responds to any issues that the patient may have prior to leaving the practice to ensure a positive experience of patient satisfaction
1. Immediately greets patients and visitors as they make contact with the practice.
2. Answers and/or triages patient telephone calls, records complete and accurate messages and obtains necessary instructions from the provider, office manager, nurses, etc. when appropriate.
3. Coordinates the scheduling of patient appointments following the appropriate processes and procedures.
4. Maintains the provider schedule to meet customer service, access, and productivity standards of the office.
5. Assists clinical staff and/or providers with outgoing phone calls to patients, pharmacies, or other providers as appropriate.
6. Based on the staffing compliment of the practice may be required to perform some or all of the typical duties of a:
* Medical Records Clerk
* Referral Clerk
* Check-out Clerk
* Check-in Clerk
* High school diploma or GED.
* Experience in medical office preferred.
* Previous clerical and high volume telephone experience, preferably in a medical office setting.
* Working knowledge of medical terminology, third-party billing and referral procedures is highly desirable.
* Must demonstrate and promote a strong commitment towards achieving customer/patient satisfaction.
* Excellent Customer Service skill is required
* Must be able to understand directions (written and verbal), communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills.
* Must possess strong communication skills.
* Must be able to demonstrate good judgment in a fast paced environment.
* Medical Assistant preferred.
* Must be able to effectively navigate through Windows based computer applications.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace
Employee Exemption Type
Budgeted Hours / Pay Period
Additional Schedule Details