Mobile Engineer at Jones Lang Lasalle
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
* The Mobile Technician will perform annual preventive maintenance work within a given geographic territory. This will include hands-on work to complete the necessary work within Jones Lang LaSalle standards and guidelines.
* The position will also include hands-on repair & maintenance work on mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building automation systems, card access systems, door & gates systems, building envelope systems, grounds and parking lots, interior finish systems, lighting systems, and various other R&M tasks associated with operation of a commercial property.
* Perform preventive maintenance and repair service work on HVAC, chillers, mechanical, plumbing, electrical, and various other building systems to maintain the properties in peak operational condition.
* Identify energy savings opportunities at facilities including system and operational changes that can decrease the property s energy consumption.
* The Mobile Technician also effortlessly performs routine building maintenance, plumbing and other tasks as necessary.
* Mobile Technician must be able to independently plan work assignments, perform duties with a minimum of direct supervision, and assist as a helper in other trades and in the general maintenance and operation of buildings and grounds.
* The position is truck based and includes travel to various locations within a specified geography.
* Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment. Will require daily interaction with teams in person, on the phone, and via email in order to perform the job.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
* Possess hands on skills and knowledge to complete required repairs and maintenance on commercial HVAC systems (including chillers, pumps, motors, air handlers, automation/controls systems, and associated electrical systems) using industry standard tools and in accordance with all codes, laws, and regulations.
* Ability to effectively use computers and computer programs (including use of Microsoft Office Suite), skill in use of the internet to navigate to and use web based applications, and ability to use handheld electronic devices (PDA, Blackberry, cell phone, etc.).
* Possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to effectively manage diverse relationships with team members, contractors, building occupants and clients.
* Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
* Self starter with strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in commercial HVAC service and repairs or 5 years military experience that includes work on HVAC systems.
* High school graduate or GED.
* Universal CFC certification required
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org