Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York, New York
A bit about us
At JLL (NYSE: JLL), we spend every day reaching for the sky literally and figuratively. Our portfolio includes some of the best known, most admired and simply breathtaking places in the world. We are literally changing the skylines of our communities and creating dynamic places where people live, work and play.
What we show the world publically through the spaces we design and manage, is fueled by the same integrity, respect and get it done mindset that drive how we work with each other and with our clients. Our passion to achieve ambitions is hard-wired into our culture and nurtures our promise and commitment to inclusion and diversity across our teams.
Our values of teamwork, ethics and excellence underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do from managing iconic projects like 1 World Trade Center in New York City to SunTrust Park & The Battery, home to Atlanta Braves baseball team, to structuring the financing for a desperately-needed affordable housing property.
We re focused on becoming the best technology company in real estate and we achieve our ambitions by doing more than delivering results for our clients. We break industry boundaries, set new standards for creativity and functionality and are leading the way to the future of work. If our work excites you as much as it excites us, keep reading!
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
* A LinkedIn "Top Company: Where the World Wants to Work Now"
* A Working Mother Top 100 company
* A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
* World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for eleven consecutive years
* America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
Visit us at jll.com.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager of External Communications to drive strategic external communications and public relations initiatives for our Americas Investor Services business, which includes capabilities in Capital Markets, Agency Leasing, Property Management and Valuation & Advisory Services. The successful candidate will craft consistent messaging and orchestrate aligned communications that:
* Position JLL and raise awareness of expertise, capabilities and client work
* Nurture relationships with prospects and clients
* Contribute to lead generation and business results
* Promote and protect the JLL brand
This position reports to the Director of External Communications, Americas.
External Communications Leadership
* Lead strategic and day-to-day external communications for the Americas Investor Services business
* Design and lead implementation of communication strategies at the national level, advising senior business leaders and local markets in overall messaging and business narrative
* Develop a deep understanding of commercial real estate industry and JLL s businesses, capabilities, clients and results
* Direct executive communications to properly position members of leadership, align messaging, and coordinate communications and internal touch points
* Drive development and implementation of innovative external communications strategies and tactics tied to business priorities and activities
* Incorporate analytics and metrics in planning and evaluation of external communications activities, taking a data-driven approach to communications efforts and counsel
* Guide content development, proactive media relations, conference participation, speaking opportunities, earned media, social media, and securing of awards and recognition
* Perform reactive media relations, including crisis and reputation management
* Drive creation of content that marketing and sales can use across multiple channels to drive lead generation and conversion events
* Develop relationships and provide strategic communications counsel, acting as a trusted advisor to key contacts at all levels of the Investor Services business
* Manage productive relationships with internal partners to the business (such as marketing, research, internal communications, etc.) at regional, national, and global levels
* Develop relationships and lead programs with JLL Investor Services clients, advising and collaborating with them on communications strategies for their JLL-led transactions and assignments as appropriate
* Develop and manage relationships with key media outlets and drive positive earned media positioning for JLL s business
Team and Program Management
* Align external communications activities with the goals of the Investor business and recommend/implement improvements to team efficiency/effectiveness
* Manage budget, operations, training / development and work flow for small team of communications professionals
* Select and manage PR firms and external contractors
With 10+ years overall experience, this individual will be a proven B2B communications leader and strategic thinker. Key competencies required for the position include:
* Deep, hands-on experience in strategic communications, including messaging and issues/change management
* Proven ability to cultivate relationships with and advise leadership-level stakeholders
* Expertise in influencing business strategies and aligning communications with commercial objectives
* Broad business acumen plus significant experience with companies whose businesses involve the financial markets; experience in commercial real estate a plus
* Demonstrated leadership skills, initiative, creativity and experience with people management
* Experience leading and achieving results in a collaborative work environment
* Experience working in heavily matrixed environments and leading by influence
* Experience using research and industry insights and best practices to drive strategies and tactics
* Current on trends in brand journalism, content development/management, social media outreach, executive communications, self-publishing channels and communications measurement approaches
JLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law.
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and