Senior Associate, Global internal Audit at Jones Lang Lasalle
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
We are seeking an Internal Audit Senior Associate with financial and operational audit experience to join the Global Internal Audit department located at our global headquarters in downtown Chicago. This is an opportunity for an ambitious, highly motivated individual to be part of a dynamic team that is committed to assisting the Firm in achieving its vision and objectives. This role provides opportunities to work with senior management, develop team members and gain international exposure that will broaden your professional skills in a rewarding and challenging environment. Our Global Internal Audit team s strategic plan includes three key areas: strategic focus; execution with quality processes; and leadership development.
The general scope of this position is to perform financial and operational audits, including Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) evaluations, by evaluating the design of internal controls and testing the operating effectiveness of these internal controls. This high-visibility role includes the following responsibilities:
* Lead day-to-day planning activities for audit engagement planning, including but is not limited to preparing and reviewing of advance request lists; leading planning calls with key stakeholders; analyzing and reviewing information; identification and analysis of risks and critical processes; monitoring the status of the planning process; and providing feedback to management.
* Work with manager in developing and/or reviewing detailed audit programs or evaluation templates, tailored to each audit to ensure audit objectives are accomplished.
* Communicate assigned tasks to engagement team in a manner that is clear and concise ensuring high quality, accurate, and efficient results.
* Support Managers on other day-to-day planning activities, as requested.
* Perform audit fieldwork for assigned areas such as interviewing management and staff to understand key processes; planning, performing and documenting testing; verifying findings; completion of work papers; reviewing flowcharts, work papers and control evaluations from staff/associates; and ensuring timely completion.
* Prepare and communicate audit findings to management, including recommendations for improvement and the sharing of best practices.
* Prepare the Draft Audit Report, keeping Engagement Manager up to date as to the status of the draft audit report and ensures internal deadlines are met.
* Lead SOX evaluations by performing activities such as preparing or reviewing advance requests, understanding and documenting processes via walkthroughs, testing of key controls, evaluating controls to determine compliance, communicating and documenting deficiencies via action plans and closing meetings, and documenting work performed in work papers.
* Keep Engagement Manager informed regarding the status of audits/evaluations in the progress, and target engagement completion.
* Supervise and develop Associates assigned to engagements and provides guidance and overall review of deliverables by providing constructive feedback on work needing improvement and complementing good work performed.
* Lead special advisory projects to assist management with achieving their objectives.
* Work with management to support the department s data analytics efforts by performing data gathering, analysis and reporting of results in key areas to audit department and internal clients.
* Contribute to continuous improvement initiatives to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the Global Internal Audit department.
* Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with peers and internal colleagues.
* A Bachelor s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related business field.
* 3-5 years (3-5 busy seasons) of public accounting and/or internal audit experience with working knowledge of internal audit methodologies and US GAAP with strong emphasis on financial and business risk and an aptitude for performing process analysis.
* CPA, CA, CIA or CISA is preferred and/or a desire to pursue applicable professional development and certification(s).
* Demonstrated ability to lead a small team and ensure successful results
* Executes effective and thorough application of all internal audit standards within assigned responsibility
* Understanding of revenue recognition requirements and criteria as required under ASC 605 (SAB 104) and ASC 606.
* Experience with IT general and application controls preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to adapt and embrace multi-cultural diversity and ability to maintain a positive and professional attitude.
* Ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team.
* Strong analytical skills with disciplined approach to details and the ability to see the big picture.
* Demonstrated consistency in values, principles and work ethic.
* Ability to travel 10-20% internationally to the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Asia and Australia.
* Second language and international business experience are a plus, but not required.
* Real estate experience or real estate transaction experience a plus, but not required.
* Proficiency with Excel, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Visio, ACL or other data analytics tool preferred.
JLL IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf.
If you have questions about careers at JLL or are disabled and require further assistance in applying for a position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org