Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Reno, Nevada
Under the supervision of the Environmental Services Supervisor, this position accomplishes environmental sanitation tasks in an established work assignment as well as performs functions such as Discharge Cleaning.
Nature and Scope:
The Housekeeper is responsible for the sanitary, orderly and attractive condition of all patient care areas/rooms and other public areas within the health system. Manual tasks, involving the performance of routine facility housekeeping tasks, are performed according to the established schedules and procedures. The duties encompass some or all of the following: cleans and services facility building areas, dust mops, wet mops, washes walls, windows, vacuums ceiling vents, gathers and disposes of, as required, trash and dirty linens, cleans light fixtures, doors and high places using a step ladder when necessary.
This position may also be responsible for providing clean, biologically safe linens to the facility, as well as maintaining proper levels of clean biologically safe linens within all linen use areas by replenishing established par levels, assures the prompt pick-up of soiled linens from various pick-up points and operation of laundry equipment.
The incumbent is required to accomplish work in rooms occupied by patients, staff and visitors. The incumbent may be assigned to cover more than one work assignment during short staffing. Decisions that must be referred to the Supervisor are changes to established procedures, changes to established time frames as to when certain areas are cleaned and changes to cleaning frequencies.
A major challenge is created by fluctuating patient census, which may result in crowding and hectic work on a nursing unit. Remaining calm and friendly when confronted with a demanding patient is of major importance. Other related duties may be required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
* Ability to complete the housekeeping training program in a satisfactory manner.
* Ability to learn infection control policies as they apply to housekeeping procedures and waste management.
* Ability to learn safety and HMIS systems to ensure that operations do not jeopardize self, patients, visitors, or staff.
* Ability to accomplish daily duties without disturbance to other departmental functions.
* Ability to evaluate assigned area and determine which functions have priority over others to ensure that established sanitation standards are met.
* Ability to understand verbal instructions (Instructions may be given in regards to equipment, cleaning chemicals, dilution ratio, applications, etc.).
* Ability to use equipment effectively to obtain a high level of cleanliness throughout the facility
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. If required, the ability to perform basic math functions in recording linen inventories, restocking linen supply carts and for dilutions of cleaning solutions if required.
None required, but a minimum of one (1) year Healthcare Housekeeping experience preferred.
Successful completion of Certified Healthcare Environmental Services Technician (CHEST) certification program preferred within 1 year of employment.
Computer / Typing:
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 90 days, the computers skills necessary to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.