Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Reno, Nevada
This position must provide accurate, reliable and timely financial information measured against stated goals and objectives, and analyze performance against goals and provide clear direction to senior management team leaders regarding their areas for opportunity. Completion of annual budgets, review of monthly performance and development of new practices and practice acquisitions are also under this position.
Nature and Scope:
The position is responsible for partnering with the operational leaders to provide financial information for decision-making with a focus on cost management, revenue enhancement, and benchmarking comparisons. This position has frequent contact with all levels of management and employees providing both an advisory and ongoing training and support service in the use of Network Services' financial data. This position is the key leader in implementing a customer-service focused department to ensure that the customer's financial needs are met. In addition, the position ensures that the financial staff understands the operational scope of service provided by each department and primary business relationships.
The incumbent is responsible for identification, development, and enhancement of systems/procedures to allow for accurate and timely monitoring and reporting of actual results of operations versus established goals/standards and contracts. The incumbent must also have a working knowledge of reimbursement by payor to ensure budgets are adequately prepared and actuals are accurately recorded.
This position is responsible for completion of budgets and forecasting for all areas of the Medical Group including the Outpatient Imaging, Renown Institute for Heart and Vascular Health, and Medical Group entities. This position presents the financial information on a monthly basis to Senior Management.
This position plays an active role in the negotiations and analysis of payor contracts for the Medical Group, Institute for Heart, and Outpatient Imaging. This position coordinates closely with Contracting/Managed Care Department to preview contract language prior to signing, providing recommendations and revisions as deemed necessary, in addition to implementing new contracts. Develops, implements and monitors procedures and policies in place to ensure compliance.
This position is responsible for the review of all of Renown's physician billing offices and ensuring that the billing and collecting of accounts are managed within acceptable benchmarks; however, the physician billing reports centrally to the Vice President of Revenue Cycle. This position is also the leader in many other financial projects that ensure the outpatient clinical sites' revenue cycle is functioning well, costs are being controlled, and cash flow is maintained.
This position also is the lead in completing proforma analysis of potential acquisitions either using internal or external resources. Analysis of the development of new practice sites will also be completed and signed off by this position.
This position will also be responsible for ensuring the Renown Health employed physicians maintain coding requirements for billing professional services by working with the Coding Coordinator(s) in Professional Billing to maintain a continuous Coding Audit Plan.
This position works with the Senior Management Team to advance Renown's accountable care initiatives, including bundled payments, medical homes, preventative care, etc.
This position has access to proprietary information and has contact with external organizations, which mandates high standards of professionalism, communication, performance, and respect for confidentiality.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
1. Effective organizational and communication skills.
2. Demonstrated ability to think globally, formulate business strategies, create action plans, influence outcomes, and drive results.
3. Ability to plan, organize, maintain priorities and schedule, to ensure that deadlines are met.
4. Ability to communicate, both written and verbal to all levels of employees and management.
5. Excellent leadership skills.
6. Ability to work in a system characterized by stress, intensity, and a demand for a high level of performance with varied work hours.
7. Ability to delegate responsibility effectively.
8. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
9. Knowledge and ability in the financial forecasting, business plan development and budgeting processes.
10. Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
11. Ability to perform detailed review of staff's work and provide clear and concise review points.
12. Knowledge of computer spreadsheets and mainframe accounting software.
13. Ability to speak in front of small and large groups.
14. Ability and desire to deal with detail and place in context of the big picture.
15. Ability to fit in a matrix organizational structure.
16. Excellent people skills and ability to work with diverse individuals in a complex organization and establish strong, cooperative working relationships.
17. Excellent problem solving skills including the ability to identify trends and business opportunities and create recommendations.
18. Skilled in developing presentations for executives and boards.
19. Strong project management skills including experience managing large projects and influencing change.
20. Strong knowledge of health care industry trends, state and federal regulations including Medicare and Medicaid conditions and payment systems.
21. Excellent knowledge of healthcare reimbursement and the valuation of accounts receivable.
22. Ability to work with minimal supervision while providing excellent results.
23. Philosophy consistent with the Renown Purpose Statement, Values and Standards of Conduct.
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Requires a bachelor's degree in accounting or finance. Applicants with a MBA will be given preference.
Requires seven years of progressive leadership experience in healthcare financial management. Applicants with medical group practice experience will be given preference.
Applicants with a CPA or CMA will be given preference.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.