Epic Analyst HB at Renown Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Reno, Nevada
Under the direction of the assigned leader, this position leads in the analysis, design, coding, testing and implementation of new and existing application systems used within Renown Health entities. This position partners with the user community to resolve technical problems, application performance issues as well as lead optimization and enhancement efforts. This position oversees the design, configuration, testing and supporting of files and system changes within assigned products and scope, including system administration functions. The Senior Application Specialist will be a primary contact for external users for designated product(s), and will assist in leading large projects.
Nature and Scope:
* Have a solid understanding of the business and operational aspects within the Renown Health entities, and the software/hardware used.
* Oversee design, configuration, testing and supporting files within assigned products and scope.
* Facilitates responses to Support Issues to successful resolution
* Create and maintain appropriate documentation.
* Troubleshoot moderate to complex problems, requests and questions from end users.
* Investigate end users preference while making design decisions about the underlying needs of the organization and user community, while navigating choices involved in application specifications
* Demonstrates the ability to work on multiple, complex projects with high quality results and adherence deadlines.
* Analyze business operations as they relate to design decisions, and prioritize and implement requested changes to the system.
* Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs, and analyze new functionality in releases to determine how/if it should be used, and review and test each new release.
* Dependent on the Application(s) supported this position may be required to take call.
* Develop Level of Effort estimates and track actual time worked accurately.
* Demonstrate Project Management Skills, own project plans in designated area and uses Microsoft project or other tools to track tasks, manage project plans.
* Maintain regular communication with Business Owners, Project Managers, vendors and customers.
* Assists in the emergent change approval process
* Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with software/hardware used.
* Develop clear and concise process flows and supporting documentation for business owners and units.
* Set and adhere to standards for naming and numbering conventions, change control, environment management and security classifications.
* Demonstrates a solid understanding of Data Architecture and Integration concepts and strategies, experienced in designing data integration solutions required.
Teamwork, Collaboration, Professionalism, and Leadership:
* Demonstrate the ability to facilitate meetings with customers to prioritize needs, set expectations and brings new functionality/design for review.
* Leads work groups within the department or within project scope.
* In general, works with a high level of independence
* Coordinates resources with other teams in order to facilitate work and project completion, may coordinate and/or participate in testing efforts.
* Demonstrate excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
* Demonstrate the ability to manage projects and work load independently, as well as part of a team.
* Provide knowledge transfer and mentoring to peers
* Creates training documentation for areas of expertise
This position does not provide patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor's Degree in a health, science, or business field, or an equivalent level of professional experience required .
4+ years experience working in a Healthcare setting, physician practice or hospital preferred .
3 + years in application configuration/design experience, with at least 2 years configuration/design and implementation experience in the application as related to the position filled, required .
Project Management experience, preferred
Application Certification may be required on application(s) supporting. Additional certification may be required within 3 months of last class attended and certifications may be subject to policies of the vendor. Must stay current on new version certification as applicable.
Computer / Typing:
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project and Word and have the ability to use the computer to complete online learning requirements for job-specific competencies, access online forms and policies, complete online benefits enrollment, etc.
Previous SQL, C++, C#, (M), Java etc. programming experience preferred .