Manager of Laboratory Services at Renown Healthcare
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Reno, Nevada
Under the Director of Laboratory Services the incumbent is accountable for providing quality leadership, expansion, and customer support for outreach laboratory services and inpatient support services for Renown South Meadows and Regional, specimen handling, client services, couriers, outreach compliance, billing, and sales. In this position, incumbent is responsible for ensuring staff assumes accountability for all decisions and actions in accordance with organizational goals. The incumbent works closely with administrative and management staff from all health system entities to meet the needs of the patients and physicians, while representing the vision and mission of Renown Health System. The incumbent is accountable for comprehensive knowledge of the programs, services, processes, and growth of Renown Health System. This incumbent is accountable for ensuring that appropriate collection of specimens and timely specimen handling / delivery are provided in an efficient and cost effective manner in accordance with laboratory and hospital policies and procedures for both the outreach and inpatient settings. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that all procedures being performed in areas of responsibility will comply with all regulatory, accrediting, and licensure requirements.
The incumbent participates as directed in planning and implementing Outreach Laboratory Services for new and existing clients. The incumbent manages the retention of existing business as well as new business.
Nature and Scope:
The scope of responsibility spans all technical and customer service areas of the Outreach Laboratory Services, and inpatient lab support services. Incumbent is an integral part of the laboratory management team and works collaboratively with department members, to ensure success of department and looks to identify and increase opportunities for new services, clients and market share. The incumbent is responsible for identifying new and potential outreach locations as working with the architectural team to design the floor plan and layout of the locations.
The incumbent may develop and negotiate external contracts to supply services to outside organizations in need of laboratory services.
The incumbent is generally responsible for all operational aspects of the Outreach Laboratory Services Program and Inpatient Laboratory Services. The incumbent must be able to independently make key decisions for financial management, human resource management, quality management, medical staff relations, and quality of service strategies (examples of this may include, ordering of supplies, scheduling patients, cross training staff, scheduling staff, budget preparation) for both Outreach Laboratory Services and inpatient support services.
The incumbent must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide a safe environment for patients served, ranging in age from infant, child, adolescent, to adult and geriatric, and meet standards of quality as measured by the unit/department age-specific competency standards.
This position will require training and general knowledge attained to operate the hospital and laboratory information systems. Ability to organize and maintain all accreditations needed for operations; i.e., JCAHO, OSHA, CAP, FDA, etc.
The incumbent is required to meet the needs of the staff and is to meet with the staff regularly to discuss situations and problem solve, as well as develop new and creative ideas that would improve or enhance Outreach Laboratory Services and inpatient lab support services.
The incumbent is required to meet the needs of the staff and is to meet with the staff regularly to discuss situations and problem solve, as well as develop new and creative ideas that would improve or enhance Outreach Laboratory Services.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to the following areas:
1. Accountability and thinks strategically:
* Champions innovation and supports change
* Promotes continuous learning and employee development
* Develops vision for market and executes plans to achieve vision
* Shapes strategy for growth and executes plans to achieve growth goals
* Create and execute plans to support the acquisition of additional Patient Service Centers (PSC's) and clients
* Problem solving and addressing issues raised by physicians, employees and patients
* Marketing the laboratory in the local community via self promotion and sales team
* Provide leadership and development for team of supervisors
* Full profit and loss responsibility of the market including revenue, expenses and budgeting
* Monitor courier services and ensure timely pick up and deliver of specimens to the laboratory
* Provides excellent service to all customers:
* Exemplifies excellent customer service towards patients, families, visitors, volunteers, physicians and co-workers
* Demonstrates courtesy, compassion and respect
* Communicates and meets regularly with all customers (internal and external) in a positive and professional manner
* Operational best practices and service excellence standards
* Implements and maintains best practice operations through evaluation of resource utilization, PSC flow, and Epic and LIS System integration
* Supports Laboratory in achieving targets related to clinical quality
* Supports PSC's and Support Services and in achieving patient satisfaction goals
* Supports each PSC and Support Service departments in achieving employee engagement goals
* Responsible for hiring and evaluating supervisors and sales staff with input from other key leaders
* Ensures compliance with all regulatory guidelines and agencies
* Continually evaluates operations, analyzes processes and initiates changes
* Supports the ongoing utilization of Epic and LIS systems
* Financial Management
* Develops budget plans in alignment with Renown Laboratory goals
* Responsible for efficient, accurate, and prudent financial management of assigned departments, adhering to the annual budget
* Compiles data, analyzes, and makes recommendations for increasing profitability of assigned departments.
* Monitors monthly revenues and expenses, in part by maintaining cost-effective personnel and supply utilization
* Develops and implements cost-effective policies and procedures for all operational areas
* Ensures sales staff meets regularly with physicians and Healthcare Center Managers to review laboratory needs and discuss operational issues
* Meets regularly with the CBO to evaluate Do Not Bills (DNB) and denials and help implement best practices and reduce errors.
This position does not provide direct patient care.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills and efforts or work conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the general nature and level of the job.
Minimum Qualifications: Requirements - Required and/or Preferred
Must have working-level knowledge of the English language, including reading, writing and speaking English. Bachelor degree required. Management or Health Care Administration preferred.
Minimum of five (5) years management experience is required. Retail, Ambulatory Care or Physician Practice experience is preferred.
State of Nevada license for Laboratory ... To view the rest of this job posting or to apply for this position please click the APPLY NOW button