Staff Geologist at Arcadis U.S. Inc
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Syracuse, New York
Arcadis is seeking a detail oriented, well organized, dependable Staff Geologist to join our world class firm. This mid-level position requires strict adherence to health and safety procedures, attention to detail, strong work ethic, and excellent communication skills. Arcadis annual performance-based evaluations provide an opportunity for candidates to advance their career within the Company.
Responsibilities will include a combination of field and office related tasks and may include travel for extended periods.
Field activities may include the following:
* Oversight of drilling operations (installing monitoring wells and soil or rock descriptions)
* Soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, and air sampling in compliance with State and Federal standards
* Sampling and drilling activities while on a boat or barge
* Emergency response
* Operation and maintenance of subsurface remediation systems
* Subcontractor oversight
* Aquifer hydraulic testing (large-scale pump tests and single-well tests)
* Underground and aboveground storage tank inspection, testing, and repair/alteration oversight
* Operating geophysical equipment such as EM, GPR, and line locator
* Communication with State and Federal oversight
* Possibly assist Arcadis driller on Arcadis-owned drilling rig.
Office responsibilities may include the following:
* Data management (compilation, manipulation, and evaluation of data)
* Assisting with writing and preparing technical reports, work plans, letters, and memoranda
* Preparing cost estimates and proposals
* Coordinating work schedules with subcontractors
* Conducting project related research (historical data, regulations, etc.)
* Preparing periodic status/program reports
* Figure/map/boring log production
While this position requires both field and office work, the candidate should expect to spend 60% to 80% of their time in the field. Candidates must have a good driving record, be willing to work outside in all weather conditions and for extended periods. Field work may be performed at project sites with environmental media (e.g., soil, sediment, groundwater, surface water, etc.) that has been impacted with hazardous substances and/or hazardous wastes. Candidates must also be able to meet the physical demands associated with performing field work, including lifting heavy equipment, working in a standing position for extended periods of time, etc.
Candidates must be proficient with MS Word and MS Excel. The ideal candidate will have excellent written and strong interpersonal communication skills, multi-tasking skills, efficient time management, and the flexibility required to support different project managers concurrently.
* BS in Geology, Environmental Science or related discipline
* 5+ years experience
Required Driving StatementThis position requires a current valid driver s license and clean driving record.
Employer StatementWe are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Why Choose ArcadisArcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business LineNow more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world s most complex projects. We literally wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting as well. Join us in making a cleaner, safer world a reality.