Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Edina, Minnesota
Full Time Regular
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We re advocating for policies to protect them. We re working to radically improve the health care they receive. We re pioneering research to find solutions. We re empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we re building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
The Purpose of this position is:
The Development Specialist is responsible for coordinating and executing cost-effective fundraising events in order to meet fundraising objectives of the March of Dimes in the assigned market. The position acts as a liaison between the March of Dimes and the community by recruiting volunteer and corporate participation in fundraising activities such as March for Babies and our Signature Chefs Auction. Principle roles and responsibilities include revenue development and volunteer leadership development.
Position responsibilities include:
* Identify prospects, research, and analyze sales options in order to identify business opportunities for designated area of responsibility. Develop relationships with constituents, referral partners or existing volunteer leaders in order to obtain introduction to prospective constituents.
* Develop and present sales presentations in order to educate and inform top level constituents or prospects.
* Accurately sense when and how to follow up and to advance from initial call to the final decision.
* Identify, recruit and train qualified candidates for volunteer roles for all event committees within the designated area of responsibility. Manage fundraising volunteers for designated fundraising events.
* Work with volunteer committees to effectively manage the execution of all assigned fundraising events, including fundraising and logistics. Be the lead staff for data management, systems management, report generation, etc. for fundraising events and donors.
* Adhere to all event budgets, adjust and control expenditures.
* Communicate the mission of the March of Dimes with staff, volunteers and within the community in order to connect current and prospective donors with Mission outcomes.
* Perform other related duties from time-to-time in order to ensure the attainment of market financial goals.
* Represent the March of Dimes with other professionals and volunteers both internally and externally. Contacts are critical to motivating, negotiation with, developing and collaborating with others.
* Decisions or decisions this position leads in making, may have important consequences and may directly impact the fundraising success of the market.
* Previous Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising and event execution.
* Education: Bachelor s degree strongly preferred and/or directly related professional skills and experience
* Physical Demands: May involve lifting and carrying boxes; may involve traveling by car or plane to meetings and training.
March of Dimes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided here.