Scientist II at QIAGEN
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Germantown, Maryland
Functional Area: QA/QC
- Responsible for evaluating, developing, improving or providing technical support for product manufacture as a member of a technical team.
- Participates on inter-departmental teams providing solutions to project-specific technical issues.
- Responsible for applying best practices for the implementation of production procedures and new methods to optimize manufacturing processes and regulatory requirements.
- Provides technical expertise, guidance and training to other team members.
- Assists in developing scalable processes with improved yields and manufacturing costs.
- Prepares technical reports, summaries and protocols.
- Bachelor s degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent with 5-8 years of related work experience; 3-6 years with M.S.; 0-3 years with Ph.D.
- Thorough understanding of technical principles and concepts, experimental design, data analysis, practices and procedures.
- Experience with protein purification, ELISA and IVD-MDX product manufacturing is highly desirable.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills.
- Able to work safely and effectively in a team environment.
- Able to quickly change priorities and multi-task while maintaining a professional demeanor.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.