Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Redwood City, California
Functional Area: Sales
We are currently searching for a dynamic Vice President of Product Marketing to join our Bioinformatics Leadership Team.
The Vice President of Product Marketing develops product and market strategies for QIAGEN s software solutions that position the business unit to achieve long term growth, while meeting annual revenue and profitability goals. Ensure resources are in place to drive marketing strategy and capitalize on opportunities.
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Vice President of Product Marketing will include:
- Develop and drive the execution of global strategic software marketing plans or targeted life science and/or healthcare markets.
- Serve as a key member of the Business Area s leadership team and lead a small global software marketing team (3-4 direct reports).
- Collaborate closely with Global Marketing Center of Excellence and align on development and execution of regional marketing activities.
- Drive efforts with product and business development to define an overall product and technology portfolio strategy that will drive the long-term growth of the organization.
- Align strategic product roadmaps with corresponding marketing plans.
- Obtaining and disseminating competitive intelligence across all markets and product lines.
- Analyze existing product and markets in terms of the ability to compete, gain market share, grow revenue and sustain or grow profitability.
- Collaborate with Sales, Business Development to define effective sales channels of all products.
- Establish effective relationship with the sales force with leadership, training, pricing and positioning expertise.
- Establish metrics for the measurement of marketing program effectiveness.
- Develop and manage the marketing budget.
- Responsible (in collaboration with sales) for the development of the company s revenue forecast.
- Effectively apply software marketing best practices to our vertical markets.
- BS in Biology or IT/Computer Science.
- Solid understanding of genomics.
- Experience in marketing genomics/bioinformatics products an advantage.
- 10+ years marketing experience in a life sciences/healthcare technology driven company.
- Minimum of 5+ years in a leadership position.
- Experience in strategic planning and collaboration with executive, sales, product development and Center of Excellence.
- Experience working in a global matrix organization.
- Proven success and track record as an individual contributor and manager who has grown top line results.
- High level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness with strong work ethic and the ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Strategic, critical but creative thinker, strong business sense and excellent financial skills.
- Ability to lead, create and work within cross-functional team environments.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.