Senior Associate Kit Assembly Production at QIAGEN
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Germantown, Maryland
Functional Area: Technical Operations
The Senior Associate in the assembly area is responsible for production completion and coordination as well as comprehending and performing assigned documentation review, manual/automated production duties and equipment maintenance and troubleshooting tasks per established standard operating procedures:
- Adhere to and accurately complete/review all production related documentation.
- Responsible for set up, changeover and preparation of related production activities, equipment and materials.
- Responsible for training of new and fellow technicians on production procedures.
- Responsible for the initial troubleshooting and resolution of production line issues and communicate issues and discrepancies to area manager.
- Responsible for collaborating on new and current area documentation, as well as initiating production related deviations and nonconformities.
- Contribute to cross-functional brainstorming and process improvement initiatives.
- Contribute to and support department/corporate goals.
- Provide input for associate performance reviews.
- Responsible for ensuring on going compliance to applicable quality and EHS regulations and standards.
(e.g., ISO, US FDA, MDD, IVDD, EU-PSHA, OSHA)
- High School diploma or equivalent with 4+ years of related work experience or AA Degree with 2-3 years experience.
- Previous Supervisory or Team Lead experience required.
- Understanding of ISO 9000 and cGMP Manufacturing/documentation practices is required.
- Able to use general to advanced/automated production equipment. Strong technical background helpful.
- Familiarity with computer and basic MS applications.
- Able to plan / utilize associates, equipment, materials and their own personal time efficiently.
- Able to complete/review production-related documentation accurately.
- Basic and advanced mathematical skills are required; understanding of metric volumes and measures are required.
- Work safely and effectively in a team environment.
- Strong teamwork, communication, organization and attention to detail skills.
- Able to communicate issues and problems to area managers.
- Able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment which involves the ability to quickly change priorities and multi-task while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time.
- May require work with potentially biohazardous and/or chemically hazardous materials.
- Must be able to read, write and understand the English Language.
- Possess In-depth knowledge of job tasks; with minimal supervision required.
- Able to work overtime (above 40 hours per week) as required.
- Strong teamwork, communication and organizational skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong motivation.
- Able to resolve issues methodically.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.