Lead Software Quality Engineer at QIAGEN
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Redwood City, California
Functional Area: Software Development
QIAGEN offers industry-leading applications for the analysis, interpretation, and reporting of biological data. Understanding raw data is one of the most significant challenges in modern molecular methods. Our portfolio of powerful tools addresses this bottleneck with innovative applications based on cutting-edge bioinformatics.
Our bioinformatics tools enable:
* Analysis, comparison, and visualization of NGS data
* User-friendly customization of comprehensive bioinformatics solutions
* Hypotheses about novel mechanisms of action underlying patterns in data
* Interpretation of upstream/downstream effects of gene expression changes
* Enterprise-level handling and curating of NGS data for clinical and biological applications
We are passionate about our people, our users, our products, our technology, and our vision, and are looking for intelligent, talented, and entrepreneurial developers who are eager to join our world-class team. QIAGEN offers a professional work environment, competitive benefits and values work-life balance.
About the Opportunity:
As a Lead Software Quality Engineer, you will work with a dynamic and hard-working team to help improve the quality of our flagship systems biology products, Variant Analysis, QCI and services. You must lead, observe and constructively work towards improving the overall product quality, testing and risk management process. You will work closely with QA, developers, product management, customer service and other internal groups to proactively seek product information, develop in depth test plans, derive practical use cases, and author appropriate test cases. You will also perform functional black box testing as well as white box and test automation where applicable, develop and maintain the automation framework.
* Lead and drive the following processes: feature scoping/estimates, evaluation of resources, distribution of feature ownership, creation and review of test plans, bug review meetings; provide status and risk items at scrum of scrum meetings; responsible for release readiness.
* Develop test automation scripts using Java based automation tools (Selenium, Silk4J, FitNesse, TestNg, etc).
* Interpret requirements and specifications to develop test plans, test cases and test documentation.
* Conduct functional-level testing including both GUI and back-end tests.
* Involvement with Agile iterative software development process - test-driven development, continuous integration testing, rapid automation to efficiently build the best industry software.
* Think from a customer perspective, and creatively solve real user problems.
* Experience in both white and black box testing, performance/load testing web apps.
* Proficiency with Java or other object-oriented programming languages.
* Proficiency in Unix and Windows operating systems.
* Experience with testing web-based and java-based standalone applications.
* Experience developing test plans, designing, implementing, executing and analyzing test cases, writing bug reports, and assessing risk.
* Familiarity with SQL and database design, with version control software like CVS or Subversion.
* Experience in test automation using Selenium, Silk4J, TestNG, FitNesse, Sikuli, AutoIt, working experience with SVG, Flash/Flex, JSON and XML objects.
* 5+ years experience in software testing.
* 3+ years experience in test automation.
* Experience leading people on projects is required.
* B.S /M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication, time management, organizational and multitasking skills.
- Great organizational skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.