Retail Sales Representative - Calumet, IL at General Mills
Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Flossmoor, Illinois
As one of the world's leading food companies, General Mills believes that food should make us better. Food brings us joy and nourishes our lives, connecting us to each other and the earth. General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Haagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Yoplait, Annie's Homegrown, Old El Paso and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, General Mills had global net sales of US$15.6 billion during fiscal 2017. We seek out the best talent, then give them development resources, support and the chance to lead something big. Choosing a career with General Mills means joining a company where you can make a difference in the lives of millions of people. There is tremendous opportunity here for individuals who want to advance food through innovation and serve the world.
Many General Mills products are already #1 or #2 in their categories, and our sales professionals continue to help us gain market share. As part of our retail team you will sell established brands, introduce new products and work to gain displays in retailer stores.
Successful sales employees showcase:
* Ability to influence others
* Passionate about people, sales and results.
* Creative thinker willing to suggest new ideas and encourage innovation
* Ability to learn technology quickly
* Ability to Build Displays in store
Retails Sales Representatives are responsible for:
* Display Selling:
* Sell incremental inventory to support account ads, seasonal events, company priorities, consumer coupon drops (FSIs), and in-store coupon demos
* Use supplemental labor where applicable to drive incremental or permanent displays
* Leverage event Point-of-Sale (POS) to sell incremental displays
* Maintain GMI distribution standards within specified territory
* Place new items into marketplace within GMI timeframe
* Place POS or shelf trays based as needed
* Verify resets are completed timely and properly; utilize supplemental labor resource as needed
* Report pricing discrepancies to the proper account team and your manager
* Report information you find on our key competitors and categories
* Maintain optimum retail coverage patterns
* Maintain updated and accurate records
* Ensure confidentiality of all proprietary GMI data and materials
* Must live within 15 miles of Calumet, IL (zip codes 60422, 46321, 60620)
* One year of relevant work experience with a H.S diploma/equivalent, or a bachelor's degree
* Proficient with tablet (iPad), computer (Microsoft knowledge preferred) and printers
* Valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record
* Ability to lift 20 pounds throughout the day