Mechanic 2 at Universal Pressure Pumping
Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: CLEBURNE, Texas
Cleburne, TX, US
Universal Pressure Pumping
Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc. a premier source for hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acidizing services for reservoir enhancement. Universal Pressure Pumping provides well services primarily in Texas and the Mid-Continent and Appalachian regions.
The Mechanic 2 will be responsible for the mechanical servicing and upkeep of all equipment, performing routine and moderately complex scheduled preventative maintenance, troubleshooting problems, and performing necessary repairs under general direction and according to company operating procedures in a safe manner.
The Mechanic 2 will pass the Company driving tests and requirements within first 90 days of employment.
The Mechanic 2 is responsible for providing housing and steel-toed boots.
This position will work under the direction of a District Maintenance Manager, with a dotted reporting line to a Lead Mechanic.
* Perform diagnosis for problems on various types of oil well service equipment, based on reports from the field, using the appropriate diagnostic tests and interpreting the results.
* Perform required repairs based on troubleshooting mechanical equipment.
* Perform routine and moderately complex scheduled maintenance or repair work, including overhauling engines and transmissions.
* Repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pumps, belts, conveyors, fans, air conditioners, etc.
* Disassemble machines, and repair or replace broken parts, as well as clean and lubricate parts.
* Check mechanical equipment to diagnose trouble, adjusting functional parts of mechanical devices as necessary.
* Inspect completed repairs by less experienced mechanics.
* Perform preventive maintenance inspections, including DOT annual inspections.
* Work in the shop or in the field, depending on work assignments or work location.
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* This position requires two (2) years or more of verifiable work experience as a mechanic or a similar capacity.
* This position requires knowledge and skills in well service equipment/vehicle repair or preventive maintenance.
* This position requires the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* This position requires the ability to demonstrate safe work habits and work well with others
* High school diploma or GED certificate.
* Must have a valid Class A CDL, with manual shift experience, a satisfactory driving record for the past 3 years, with no DWI convictions within the past 5 years, and no current DWI charges.
* Must have own tools.
* Must be skilled in rebuilding, inspecting and repairing equipment, including hydraulic, electrical and overhauling engines and transmissions.
* Certification from trade or technical school in maintenance or repair highly preferred.
Employee must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, including wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times. This position requires the employee to work outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions typical of the area where the job is located, including dust, humidity, sleet, snow, rain, mud, cold, heat, wind, and other inclement weather. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying outdoor conditions, including environmental chemicals, gases, noise, dampness, fumes, radiation and heights. Employee must be able to work closely with others in the confined area of the job, in a fast-paced team environment, and work independently when required or directed, taking initiative when necessary. Employee must be willing to work a possible 24-hour shift that can include days or nights, as well as weekends and holidays, and must stay alert and focused during the shift while performing repetitive and routine activities. Employee must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals, to make job related calculations; basic computer skills are necessary. Employee must demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English, and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English. This position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and crawling on uneven surfaces, and climbing equipment ladders or stairs throughout the work shift. This position requires basic keyboarding or other small motor skills occasionally (25% 50% of the time). This position requires operation of heavy equipment or vehicles a majority of the time (50% 75% of the time). This position requires lifting/pushing objects (50 lbs max) a majority of the time (50% 75% of the time). This position requires climbing or working in awkward or cramped positions a majority of the time (50% 75% of the time). This position requires working nights and/or weekends occasionally (25% 50% of the time). This position requires the employee to be on-call 24 hours per day occasionally (25% 50% of the time).
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.