EVS Worker II/Housekeeping at Maine Medical Center
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portland, Maine
Team members have a pleasant personality, demonstrate a positive attitude and the willingness to provide exceptional customer service, and work as part of a team. Customer service includes working closely with their leaders and teammates to ensure that standards of cleanliness and safety are achieved in every area of the hospital. All interactions with staff, patients and family are carried out with high regard for respect and confidentiality. This position performs a variety of cleaning tasks to maintain patient rooms, offices, hallways and other assigned areas of the hospital. This work occurs in a variety of difficult and demanding patient settings, which may include precaution rooms for patients with highly communicable illnesses, challenging work environments, and high focus cleaning. Incumbents will move large carts for delivery of clean and soiled linens to user areas and the offsite linen processing facility; will move waste carts; and will collect medical waste.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* The ability and willingness to provide exceptional customer service 100% of the time.
* The ability to learn and perform the skills required in an occupied healthcare environment.
* Ability to learn and perform cleaning tasks involving multiple steps and a variety of cleaning tools, equipment and chemicals.
* Required to wear uniform and/or personal protective equipment and to work with cleaning chemicals including disinfectants and bleach.
* Ability to work independently without constant direct supervision.
* The ability to read, communicate in English, and basic use of a computer are required.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred.
* Flexibility in work assignments and requirement to work on weekends and holidays.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.