Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Midland, Texas
Electronic Technician 1
Midland, TX, US
Universal Pressure Pumping
Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc. a premier source for hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acidizing services for reservoir enhancement. Universal Pressure Pumping provides well services primarily in Texas and the Mid-Continent and Appalachian regions.
The Electronic Technician 1 will be responsible for performing repairs to electronic and electrical systems on equipment and trucks. Under close supervision of the supervisor, work includes preventive maintenance inspection and the rebuilding, replacement and repair of components and systems.
This position will work under the direction of an Electronics Supervisor/District Engineer, with a dotted reporting line to the Electronics Technology Manager.
* Performs routine troubleshooting and repair work on mechanical, electrical and electronic equipment and trucks, including replacement, rebuilding and inspection of components of a system, as supervised and directed
* Performs preventive maintenance inspections on mounted equipment and vehicles on a regular basis under the directions of the supervisor
* Prepares daily repair orders associated with repair, maintenance and inspection, to ensure proper record keeping for all work done
* Performs other related duties as assigned
* Understanding of the rules and regulations on safe operation and maintenance of assigned equipment
* Knowledge and the ability to perform repairs and inspection on electrical and electronic devices
* Demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English, and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English along with the ability to establish and maintain effective rapport with all employees at different levels both in the office and in the field
* Employee must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, including wearing any required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times
* Able to pass a drug test and medical examination, meet the minimum physical requirements (Functional Capacity Evaluation), and a pre-employment background check
* Must be able and willing to work in extreme climate and work conditions
* Must be able to provide their own basic set of tools
* Able to work closely with others in the confined area of the job, in a fast-paced team environment, and work independently when required or directed, taking initiative when necessary
* Willing to work a possible 24-hour shift that can include days or nights, as well as weekends and holidays, and must stay alert and focused during the shift while performing repetitive and routine activities
* Able to perform simple mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals, to make job related calculations; basic computer skills are necessary
* Bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and crawling on uneven surfaces, and climbing equipment ladders or stairs throughout the work shift
* Basic keyboarding or other small motor skills a majority of the time (50% 75% of the time)
* Operation of heavy equipment or vehicles occasionally (25% 50% of the time)
* Lifting/pushing objects (50 lbs max) occasionally (25% 50% of the time)
* Climbing or working in awkward or cramped positions a majority of the time (50% 75% of the time)
* High School diploma or GED
* Minimum of one (1) year verifiable experience in electronics repair or related work
* Completion or a certificate from a technical or trade school on electronics repair, troubleshooting, and diagnostics
* Must have a valid driver s license, a satisfactory driving record for the past 3 years, with no DWI convictions within the past 5 years, and no current DWI charges.
Employee must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, including wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times. This position requires the employee to work outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions typical of the area where the job is located, including dust, humidity, sleet, snow, rain, mud, cold, heat, wind, and other inclement weather. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying outdoor conditions, including environmental chemicals, gases, noise, dampness, fumes, radiation and heights.
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.