Shop Hand - Assistant at Universal Pressure Pumping
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Reno, Oklahoma
Shop Hand - Assistant
El Reno, OK, US
Universal Pressure Pumping
Universal Pressure Pumping, Inc. a premier source for hydraulic fracturing, cementing, nitrogen and acidizing services for reservoir enhancement. Universal Pressure Pumping provides well services primarily in Texas and the Mid-Continent and Appalachian regions.
The Shop Hand (Assistant) will provide general upkeep and organization of the shop area and facilities both inside and outside to include cleaning shop floors, wash bay, organize shop supply room and shelves, assist with loading and unloading supplies and equipment as well as other duties as assigned. All functions will be performed while complying with proper procedures, rules and safety regulations.
This position will work under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor or Crew Lead
* Perform upkeep and maintenance duties, such as cleaning shop, washing equipment, picking up tools, sweeping floors, mopping floors, emptying trash cans and other housekeeping tasks
* Maintain the shop or assigned work area, including keeping the shop in safe working order, while following safe work practices
* Wash trucks and assist mechanics with cleaning up the shop equipment and tools
* Load and unload supplies and equipment using a forklift and/or Sky Track
* Maintain a neat and organized storage and supply room
* Perform other related duties as assigned.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks at once
* Basic problem solving and organizational skills
* Be customer service driven with internal customers and third parties by telephone, email, mail or in person and meet deadlines
* Take initiative and work independently during downtime
* Ability to follow instructions, be dependable and responsible and have the desire and willingness to work as a team and learn new skills
* Able to lift and carry 50 pounds independently while walking on uneven surfaces
* Able and willing to bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl throughout the work shift
* Demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English as well as understand and promptly follow verbal and written instructions in English
* High School diploma or GED equivalent
* Must have and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license
* One (1) year stable related work history or military service
* Prior experience working in a manufacturing facility, shop or warehouse environment
Employee must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others, including coworkers and third parties, including wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) at all designated times. This position requires the employee to work outdoors for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions typical of the area where the job is located, including dust, humidity, sleet, snow, rain, mud, cold, heat, wind, and other inclement weather. Working conditions for this position may involve exposure to varying outdoor conditions, including environmental chemicals, gases, noise, dampness, fumes, radiation and heights. This position requires bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting, and crawling on uneven surfaces, and climbing equipment ladders or stairs throughout the work shift.
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.