Floorhand at Patterson-UTI Drilling
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Dickinson, North Dakota
Dickinson, ND, US
Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC, through its substantial fleet of land-based drilling rigs, provides comprehensive drilling solutions to major and independent oil and gas companies.
The Floorhand assists the Motorhand, Derrickhand, and Driller in day-to-day rig operations. Major responsibilities include general maintenance and cleaning, checking the rig and equipment, and assisting in drilling activities. The Floorhand is responsible for making drill pipe connections and tripping pipe in/out of the drilling hole. This is an entry-level job that provides initial introductory training and substantial on-the-job training.
* Lift and place slips weighing approximately 150 pounds with another person frequently during the tour work shift
* Clean and general upkeep of the rig and drilling floor; includes regular painting, washing of equipment and related housekeeping duties
* Use iron roughneck, slips, and tongs to properly handle and connect / break sections of drill pipe
* Assist in rig moves: help with rig-up / rig-down, nipple up and down blowout preventers, assist with general assembly and maintenance and help prepare new location
* Regularly check rig and equipment for any problems and safety issues on an ongoing basis
* Assist with inspecting, slipping and cutting drilling line
* Responsible for picking up and laying down tubulars, attaching or detaching pick- up lines, and the hook up and tear out of flare and degasser lines
* Assist Motorhand with preventative maintenance and repairs of equipment and motors, pipe, and off-loading materials as well as checking / changing oil and coolant on engines
* Assist Derrickhand with watching and maintaining shakers, mud pits and pumps
* Inspect safety equipment and PPE for wear and replacing as needed
* Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
* Take initiative and work independently during downtime
* Wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times
* Support other crew members by carrying supplies, ensuring compliance with safety procedures and other additional tasks as assigned
* Ability to stand and walk for a minimum of 3.5 hours and up to 12 hours without being able to sit and while wearing steel-toed boots
* Must be comfortable working at heights (50 ft. or greater) for extended periods of time
* Stay alert and focused up to 12.5 hours while performing repetitive and routine activities
* Bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl throughout the tour work shift
* Prior experience or ability to use heavy-duty handheld and long-handled tools
* Ability to safely lift and carry 50 pounds independently and repetitively climb steep stairs
* Demonstrate clear communication skills including ability to read, write and speak English as well as understand and promptly follow verbal and written instructions in English
* Clear vision to judge near and far distances to maintain awareness of, watch, and report ongoing work activities to coworkers and third parties
* Able to have accurate recall over short and long-term memory
* Able to work closely with others in the confined area of the drilling rig and may live together in crew quarters
* Willing to work a hitch, which consists of 14 days on / 14 days off, working 12.5 hour shifts that can include days or nights and as well as weekends and holidays
* Work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others including coworkers and third parties
* One (1) year stable related work history (e.g. farming, ranching, construction, heavy equipment or other trade) or military service
* 6 + months of experience working on a rig based position for drilling contractor
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent
This position requires the person to work outdoors for an entire tour work shift in all kinds of weather conditions, including precipitation, cold / heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions. They will be exposed to the typical conditions of the local area where the rig is located. Southern states generally experience hot summers where temperatures range from 80 to low 100 with high humidity; winters have temperatures that generally do not go below 20 . Northern states generally have hot summers with similar conditions and have cold, windy winters, with low temperatures that can be as cold as - 40 .
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.