Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wilmington, North Carolina
Supervises and directs the investigation and disposition of all assigned claims within a direct reporting group. Trains, develops, and provides technical and leadership guidance to Claims Representatives, and in some cases, other Claim Managers. Responsible for maintaining and growing a relationship between National General Insurance and current policyholders. Responsible for focusing on the needs of loss participants and works to meet those needs. This is a field based position and will be based in North Carolina.
This position will be responsible for supervising, both technically and administratively, a team of Field Claims Representatives. Conducts ride-alongs with field claim representatives evaluating technical ability, procedural/statutory compliance and customer service. May assist DRP Unit in adding or removing DRP within territory. FCR Managers in coordination with Sr. FCR and the aid of the Mitchell Score carding system will monitor and manage I/A and DRP quality and performance. Perform periodic unannounced Reinspections of damaged vehicles to ensure compliance with material damage guidelines. Monitor use of Company Cars within company guidelines. Primarily Responsible for the ordering and proper utilization of field check stock.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* For all duties and responsibilities, manager will take ownership of any issue, problem, or error that could potentially impact the policyholder and/or loss participant.
* Supervises, evaluates performance and recommends salary changes for personnel. Responsible for recommending promotions or disciplinary action of direct report. Primary responsibility for interviewing and selection of new personnel. Will also assist with other staffing decisions.
* Responsible for balancing workload within the area of responsibility.
* Maintains service standards, reporting procedures, statutory compliance, and the efficient operation of the direct reporting group
* Provides continuous training and support to personnel.
* Handles and directs resolution of problems, complaints and general public relation ( customer service ) issues which arise concerning claims service.
* Extends coverage, reserve and settlement authority on losses which exceed individual levels.
* Maintains current knowledge of changes in state/area and helps develop and implement policies and procedures which impact claims processing.
* Assists in monitoring and controlling allocated/unallocated expenses and payment severity.
* Assists and/or directs special projects or requests.
* Responsible for the communication , implementation and monitoring of procedural changes and company programs
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience.
* Five years claims handling experience.
* Supervisory or training experience is preferred.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
* The successful candidate will have demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills as well as strong leadership qualities.
* The successful candidate will also have a record of demonstrating and delivering on customer service in a consistent manner while being a strong performer in reference to our metrics.
* Additional qualifications include a high level of initiative, mature judgment and discretion.
* Organization and time management skills are necessary and very important in this role.
* Demonstrated proficiencies in managing a unit through consistent results at or above department standards.
* Demonstrates effective overall performance through consistent evaluations over multiple review periods.
* Demonstrates the capability of consistently handling aggregate file exposures of at least $50,000.
* Demonstrates the ability of evaluating damages up to their maximum authority level.
* Obtains/Maintains appropriate licensing or education requirements.
* Primarily responsible for monitoring licensing or education requirements of their direct report group.
* Has thorough knowledge of claims policies and procedures in resolving and/or providing direction to claims representatives and/or claim representatives and claim managers for claims handling which could include litigation. Is primary source of direction for area on claim policies and procedures.
* Prefer successful completion of one or more of the following for managers handling material damage and/or casualty claims:
* Advanced Material Damage Classand Material Damage Updates
* ICAR Platinum designation
* Successful completion of Advanced Vehicle Estimatics
* Successful completion of Chief Structural Damage Analysis
* Successful completion of Chief Advanced Frame
* Successful completion of Chief Advanced Steering and Suspension Analysis
* ICAR or other industry related courses or workshops.
* Industry related courses or workshops.
* RV Estimatics, RV Policy, Motorcycle Estimatics, and Motorcycle as dictated by area business needs.
* Other related Insurance Education
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other