Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York, New York
Under guided supervision, responsible for the more skilled auditing activities associated with performing regulatory, contractual, and operational audits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Performs internal (operational and contractual), MARS/SOX audits, reviews, validation, and compliance
* Participates in the review and evaluation of existing and proposed internal controls of manual and automated operations to safeguard company assets and to comply with government regulations
* Performs additional audit assignments as requested
* Works with external auditors and insurance examiners to answer questions and provide backup
* Ability to maintain and grow relationships with internal and external customers using effective communication and interaction skills
* Ability to multi- task while independently and effectively prioritizing work using time management, initiative, project management and problem solving skills
* Attend training and development seminars to enhance job performance
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor s Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* 1+ years of prior auditing experience
* Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
* Working knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley regulation (SOX)
* Working knowledge of related accounting principles and transactions based on assigned responsibilities
* Working knowledge of computerized accounting and financial reporting systems
* Working knowledge Risk Management
* Working auditing skills with respect to controls and control validation; operational with ability to recognize improvement opportunities
* Experience in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and VISIO)
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
* Effective leadership skills to include problem solving skills
* Business knowledge
* General understanding of the insurance industry and organizational relationships of the company
* General understanding of the functions of other departments such as Policy ops and Marketing
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization.
* Working knowledge of statutory accounting principles (STAT)
* Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Apply Not ready to Apply*