Business Development Manager - Premier at National General Insurance Company
Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Austin, Texas
The Business Development Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of our relationship with currently appointed and prospective independent agencies, including: new business development, new agency and existing employee product underwriting and software training and product positioning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Maintains and builds the relationship between the Company and the agency force in an assigned territory
* Serves as the primary liaison to the agency force and trains agents on Company products, systems, and processes
* Accountable for growth and profitability of assigned territory
* Promotes new products and programs to existing agency force.
* Attend trade association functions as needed
* Provides market-based competitor insights for product and pricing enhancements.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Minimum of 3 years experience with marketing/sales and or underwriting in the property & casualty insurance industry or 7 years experience with marketing/sales and or underwriting in the property & casualty insurance industry.
* Must have proven track record executing a sales plan resulting in an expansion of products and services sold and significant financial gains. Additionally, must have track record of gaining commitments from prospective customers and effective use of sale closing techniques.
* Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence behavior through proper sales planning and execution of sales calls.
* Maintains a high level of commitment to personally getting things done, assuming personal responsibility for achieving expected results.
* Maintains a positive attitude even when faced with frustration, pressure or change. Recovers quickly when faced with obstacles or setbacks.
* Must be able to utilize creative problem solving skills to effectively resolve customer issues.
* Strong organizational and time-management skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks promptly and professionally.
* Ability to work successfully without daily supervision.
* Proficient computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows.
* Position will also require overnight travel approximately 25% of the time.
* Valid Driver's license and acceptable driving record
* Prior experience in a similar position with current knowledge and established relationships with independent agency owners and trade association organizations in the state
* Experience working with property products to include Homeowners and Flood
* Ability to prospect new agency appointments and manage current agency partners
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Apply Not ready to Apply*