Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Saddle Brook, New Jersey
Responsible for setting NY court calendar and following-up as necessary as well as ensuring that required documentation is delivered to council in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
* Daily calendar assignments for NY bodily injury and property damage cases including contact with Courts, per diem attorneys, adversaries and clients by correspondence and telephone
* Continuing relationships with clients and claims throughout litigation
* Daily opening of mail for law department and diary entry of appearances and court dates, and notification to claims
* Preparation, typing, service, and filing of correspondence, stipulations, discovery documents
* Answering telephone and greeting visitors
* Clerical support
* Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Knowledge of NY Supreme and Civil Courts, particularly the scheduling and calendar
* Experience with NY bodily injury and property damage
* Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to satisfy needs of internal and external customers which includes quickly and effectively solving customer problems
* Effective organizational and time management skills with the ability to set own standards and adhere to project deadlines; successfully handle multiple tasks in a timely manner
* Ability to take initiative without being directed to do so
* Successfully work in a team based environment
* Stay abreast on leading-edge technology in his/her technical area of expertise
* Basic skills in Microsoft Office (Access, Word and Excel)
* High degree of initiative, mature judgment and discretion in handling confidential information
* 3+ years of legal assistance experience with a focus on insurance
* Experience using case management applications (i.e. Legal Files)
* Notary Public in NY
* Notary Public in NJ
* Experience with NY no-fault litigation
* Spanish or a second language a plus
ABOUT NATIONAL GENERAL HOLDINGS:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
* Paid Training
* Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
* Wellness Programs
* Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
* 401k w/ Company Match
* Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
* Employee Discount Program
* Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
* On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
* On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
* Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
Apply Not ready to Apply*