Production Associate Sub-Assembly at Meggitt PLC
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Danville, Kentucky
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The nightshift Production Associate Sub-Assembly position performs a range of production tasks and operates a variety of production machinery. Ensures the maintenance of a safe work environment with an ultimate goal of zero accidents.
Job Core Responsibilities
* Performs a range of production tasks such as operating subassembly equipment, coating equipment, ovens, material handling equipment including hoists, cranes, tow motors, pallet trucks, and other miscellaneous equipment
* Completes troubleshooting while operating equipment, including performing and documenting limited preventative maintenance
* Monitors, measures, and records quality assurance data including, but not limited to, dimensions, weight, or other specific information
* Tracks orders, utilizing appropriate equipment, moves material to enable the production process to flow efficiently and effectively
* Comprehends and accurately follows specific detailed operational instructions and prints for job and setup operations
* Follows specific quality criteria to maintain quality system requirements and assists in training less experienced staff
* Observes safe work practices, maintains a safe and clean work environment and wears the appropriate personal protective equipment
* Other responsibilities as assigned
* Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Secondary Certificate/High School Diploma or equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations.
Certifications: Vocational training, apprenticeships or the equivalent experience in related field
Years Experience: 2-5 years of relevant experience
* Skilled in the use of hand tools including calipers, depth gages, micrometers, and other measuring equipment, and machinery
* Ability to read various instructions
* Able to recognize and solve typical problems that can occur in own work area; evaluate and select solutions from established options
* Solid oral and written communication skills
* Good attention to detail
* Proficient computer skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or HRISon@meggitt.com.