Quality Manager (Precast) - Fredericksburg,VA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Management 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fredericksburg, Virginia
Job ID: 136784
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, CRH Americas is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
The Quality Manager will formulate and drive the development and implementation of the Company’s Quality Management System. This program will be developed jointly with, and encompass all functional areas of the business. In this role, you will coordinate with manufacturing, engineering, customer service, transportation and logistics to control and improve the quality levels of goods and services. You will also collaborate with local and group management to formulate and drive the Company’s Quality Management strategy and practices and develop metrics, scorecards and tools to monitor and communicate performance trends and identify areas for improvement.
- Develop and implement the Quality Management system and practices. Includes creating procedures, job aides, performance metrics and business process communication standards.
- Create a workflow system for corrective actions which integrates customer feedback and creates accountability to identify and resolve the root causes that result in quality or service issues.
- Design quality reports and scorecards to provide timely and actionable operating information across the group.
- Clearly and accurately communicate strategic Quality Assurance “Leading Practices” and standards with all OES locations.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Must have current Virginia DOT plant and field certifications and Maryland State Highway Administration certifications
- Knowledge of batch plants, batching concrete, and mix designs preferred.
- 5+ years of precast or concrete management experience preferred.
- Previous experience in an ISO 9000 certified environment is required - at least 5 years experience preferred.
- Experience inspecting precast concrete and/or cement, along with familiarity with concrete mix design
- Able to work directly with Plant Managers, Quality Inspectors, and other department personnel at OES locations providing training, direction, and support to execute the requirements of the Quality Process.
- Exhibit Customer focus; dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Business acumen in Quality Management with all departments including but not limited to Manufacturing, Customer Service, Inside Sales and Traffic Management.
- Experience developing quality standards in accordance with ISO 9000 principals.
- Experience with Document Control – Ability to create, manage documents, forms and work instructions
- Experience creating a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form to develop Leading Practice standards
- Proficient in asking questions and collecting business data in a professional manner.
- Strategic thinking and forecasting ability with a track record of successfully driving change and continuous improvements.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Oral / written communication, presentation, and listening skills.
- Experience with system analysis and system evaluation.
- Comfortable operating in ambiguous environments.
- Demonstrated experience coaching and developing teams and individuals.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Precast, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.