Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
The Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Maintenance Engineer maintains all building related systems and the building envelop to ensure the safety of hotel guests, associates and vendors. Ensure compliance with company Engineering Assumptions/Culture, preventative maintenance programs and procedures, Standard Operating Procedures, Mission Vision and Values as well as all Building/Fire/Health Department codes. Maintain building complex as energy efficiency as possible constantly looking for ways to save energy. Essential job functions include, but are not limited to:
* Assist with preventative maintenance and complete report work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, light bulbs, patching vinyl, etc., to maintain the hotel and keep the product quality standard.
* Perform preventative maintenance assignments on a scheduled basis (e.g., \\"\\"room care\\"\\").
* Assist in checking electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, television sets, lighting systems, and make minor repairs and/or replacement.
* Assist in checking and making routine repairs and assist on major repairs of all hotel equipment including small appliances, kitchen equipment, laundry equipment, boilers, pool equipment, HVAC, hand and power tools and general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipe lines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
* Service the hotel's pool, including adjusting chemicals and cleaning filters; completing maintenance request forms and record logs.
* Maintain the building exterior and \\"\\"curb appeal\\"\\" (e.g., snow removal, lawn care, painting, gardening).
* Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures if needed.
* Respond in a courteous manner to all guest questions, complaints, and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
* Exposure to extreme temperatures.
* Operation of heavy machinery.
* Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
* Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or experience in building related trades required in 1 or more of the following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry.
* 1 year general maintenance experience required. Previous hotel experience strongly preferred.
* 2nd Class HVAC/Boilers license strongly preferred.
* Flexible schedule availability is required.
* Climbing, reading, standing, walking and routinely lifting 25 lbs to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Must be able to receive instructions and communicate progress of work assignments.
* Must have the ability to communicate in English. Benefits HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you! For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future. HEI Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled