Driver / Guard - PM Shuttle at Dunbar Armored
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: San Leandro, California
DRIVER/GUARD PM SHUTTLE
Dunbar Armored, Inc., the nation s leading independently-owned armored transportation company, has immediate openings. If you are looking for a Career, not just an assignment, then please complete the full application process. You will be responsible for the safe delivery and pick-up of customer valuables and/or cargo via armored truck transportation or van.
Branch Location: San Leandro, CA
*$18.00 per hour (Up to $19.20 per hour within your 1st year)
Higher Pay for Armored Car Experience
Full Time & Part Time Hours Available
Weekly Pay Period
WE ALSO OFFER:
* Comprehensive Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
* Paid Training, Paid Time Off, and 401(k)
* PTO Accrual Upon Hire!!
* Life & Disability Insurance
* AD&D Insurance
* Quarterly Safety Incentive
* Company-Supplied Uniforms & Firearm
* Bullet Resistant Vest Purchasing Program
* Guard Card and Exposed Firearm Permit Purchasing Program
* Career Advancement Opportunities
The essential functions of this position are:
1. Operate armored trucks and/or vans in a safe manner, abiding by all federal, state, local and company regulations.
2. Operate shuttle starting after 1:00 PM
3. Complete paperwork accurately and in accordance and in accordance with procedures.
4. Maintain a security awareness at all times.
5. Receive shipments and cargo at the beginning of the shift and check-in cargo and shipments at the end of the shift to the vault, ensuring the balancing of the receipts.
6. Perform necessary first line maintenance on the vehicle at the beginning and/or end of the shift.
7. May operate runs/routes dedicated to specific needs, i.e. Federal Reserve, BEP(Bureau of Engraving and Printing).
8. Other duties as required.
The minimum Knowledge, Education, Experience, Skills, and/or Abilities required to perform this job are, including any physical requirements:
1. Must be at least 21 years of age, per Department of Transportation regulations.
2. Must possess a valid driver s license and maintain current license with a good driving record. Minimum 3 years driving experience. May be required to obtain a Commercial Driver s License (CDL).
3. Must be able to obtain weapons permit, where necessary, and any other state/local mandated license required by various states. (A criminal conviction may prevent issuance of a gun permit.)
4. Experience in security field and/or transportation as a driver is preferred.
5. Must be able to qualify for any other work-related permits required by branch, such as Airport pass, Federal Reserve access, etc.
6. Must be able to read, write and understand English and perform basic math skills. Must have good communication skills and be able to communicate with customers and communicate with one s partner or base location via radio and/or two-way radio.
7. Must be able to lift bagged coin three to five feet, weighing 30-50 pounds a bag, several dozen times daily and carry bags from the vehicle to a customer or back.
8. Must be able to step in and out of an armored truck 40-70 times per day.
9. Ideal candidate will have Military, Police, Delivery or Messenger experience.
Dunbar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, disability, veteran or other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Dunbar is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer-Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran?. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their race, gender, religion, disability, veteran or other protected status. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with Dunbar, please call our headquarters office at (800) 888-2129 And let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Reasonable accommodations are considered on a case-by-case basis.