Operator at Morton Building Inc.
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Morton, Illinois
* Morton, IL, USA
Morton Buildings, Inc. is the Industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than 110 years and have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centers Nationwide. Per year, across America, more than 3,500 new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
The Operator position is an active member of a production team that will assist in the manufacturing and/or assembly of building components to ensure daily production needs are being met.
* Learn and apply the Morton Building s safety and operating procedures, methods and standards to daily production
* Operates plant manufacturing equipment as required
* Read, interpret, and follow production work orders and/or engineering prints
* Work in a safe, fast-paced, and changing environment
* Utilize a powered lift-truck to move material to desired location
* Follow all safety rules, standard operating procedures, and maintenance instructions
* Ensure quality and/or shipping accuracy standards are being met
* A minimum of 1 year experience working in a production, maintenance, manufacturing or related capacity is highly desired
* Prior experience operating a powered lift-truck
* Authorized to work in the United States
* High School Diploma or GED
* Self-motivated with a positive attitude and good work ethic
* Willing and able to continuously improve in job performance and development
* Active listening, learning, and reading comprehension skills
* Willing and able to take direction
* Willing and able to work in a physically demanding environment. This includes moderate to loud noise levels, occasional high climbing, indoor/outdoor exposure
* Able to lift up to 50 lbs regularly; up to 75 lbs occasionally
* Able to pass a basic math test
* Willing and able to pass a pre-placement physical and drug test
* Reliable transportation to work every day
* Flexible to work year-round; regular overtime; off-hours as needed
* Excellent medical/dental/prescription coverage
* Life Insurance
* Paid holidays
* Paid vacation
* Paid sick time
* 401K Opportunity
* ESOP Retirement Program which makes you an owner of the company
Walk in applications can be filled out at our Plant Location between the hours of 8:30 am 11:30 am and 1:00 pm - 4pm.
Please visit our Plant at:
Morton Buildings, Inc.
20 Erie Court
Morton, IL 61550-0399
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a physical and drug screen.