Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
The University of Kansas Health System is a world-class academic medical center and destination for complex care and diagnosis. We are driven by our commitment to service, to continuous improvement and to the highest degree of excellence. Every member of our team shares an unwavering commitment to put patients first. We offer a wide array of career opportunities, along with competitive pay and outstanding benefits. We invite you to join us as we continue to advance the power of academic medicine.
The Patient Care Assistant is an unlicensed staff member who is accountable to/completes delegated tasks from the RN in a caring and culturally sensitive manner with excellent customer service at all times.
Patients of all ages rely on Rehabilitation Medicine to help them recover from debilitating injuries and illnesses and learn to care for themselves using adaptive techniques and equipment. Our staff cares for patients with cerebral vascular injuries, brain and spinal cord injuries, neurological diseases, knee and hip replacements, arthritis, medically complex burns, organ transplants, cancer or renal failure.
The Rehab Unit is housed in a new four-story facility on the southwest corner of 39th Street and Rainbow Boulevard. The facility's second floor offers brand new space for the hospital's Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation Facility and also offers patients and staff improved environment, services and equipment. The facility has more than doubled its current space and offers a wide range of patient amenities, including a larger gym, large showers in each room to accommodate shower benches and shower-chairs, and a kitchen and laundry to help patients prepare for self-care at home. It also offers home-like features, such as a family lounge, sleeper couches in patient rooms, and a dining room where patients can dine as a group.
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Current American Heart Associaton BLS Certification
* Evidence of Certified Nursing Assistant Certification or Medical Assistant diploma, or documentation of Fundamentals of Nursing course with KU required basic skills (required at time of hire);
* Completion of the KU Gold Standard Acute Care School within 6 months of hire
* Minimum of 18 months in a specialty tech position with University of Kansas Health System can be substituted for certifications listed above