Advanced Practice Provider - Nocturnist Hospitalist at University of Kansas Hospital
Posted in Other 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
The University of Kansas Health System is a world-class academic medical center and destination for complex care and diagnosis. We are driven by our commitment to service, to continuous improvement and to the highest degree of excellence. Every member of our team shares an unwavering commitment to put patients first. We offer a wide array of career opportunities, along with competitive pay and outstanding benefits. We invite you to join us as we continue to advance the power of academic medicine.
* The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) in the Nocturnist Hospitalist role manages health problems and coordinates health care in intensive care or acute care in-patient settings with expanded coverage during the night shift hours. These APPs deliver patient care and medical services to individuals, families and groups by utilizing standards of care in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations to assess health status, diagnose medical conditions, develop medical plan of care, implement treatments and evaluate patient responses in collaboration with collaborative/sponsoring physician as described in a Collaborative Practice Agreement.
* Copy of the current advance practice license for the State of Kansas and/or Missouri (depending on practice locations) - PA or APRN
* Advanced practice certification required. APRNs may obtain within one year of date of hire; Specific certification may be required depending on specialty
* BLS Certification required
* ACLS if working in the ICU
* Age appropriate training for \\"population served\\" may depend on APRN/PA program training and may require additional training as determined by the department.