Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: TACOMA, Washington
The Area Manager position is responsible for assisting the Assistant Project Manager and Project Manager in the oversight and management of assigned buildings within contract award. This position is responsible for safely overseeing and performing duties as detailed in the PWS or other contracted services. Quality customer service is expected to be provided to the customer at all times. Knowledge and willingness to learn all aspects of the job is a requirement of the position. Ensure training for assigned employees in all aspects of their position. Monitor and keep notes regarding progress of individuals towards meeting job requirements. Ensure all work related information is handled in a confidential manner. Plan, coordinate, and direct quality control/assurance programs to ensure contract sites are meeting customer s requirements and/or certification requirements. Oversee and serve as lead auditor for assigned buildings for the Internal Quality Survey process-Tams, ensuring compliance with all Tri-Service Food Code regulations. Develop and analyze data to determine conformance with standards and customer requirements, with follow-up and corrective action planning. Prepare and present quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends (to include failed processes, corrective and preventive actions, inspections results) Maintain quality policies, documentation of key processes, and procedures. Maintain all records in compliance with established policies and certification requirements. Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of the latest industry-related best practices. Work with process owners to define and implement performance improvement plans to maximize efficiency; Initiate and lead performance improvement efforts. Provide back-up duties for the admin assistant, as needed. Have working knowledge of the electronic timekeeping system (Kronos) as a timekeeper to ensure weekly payroll closure, when necessary. Assist with preparation of direct labor employee schedules, when needed. Assist with employee and visitor needs, as needed.
* Meet eligibility requirements for work assignment on specified contract.
* Understand oral and/or written instructions.
* Excellent communication skills required.
* Must have intermediate level computer skills and knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet software applications.
* Interact appropriately with customers, government personnel and staff members.
* Must be able to pass organization screening requirements including state or federal background screenings as appropriate.
* Must rotate workweek hours to ensure observation of all shifts on a weekly basis.
* Must have two (2) years of experience in large volume food service operations, cafeteria style of multi-entr e services. (Military food service in the pay grade of E-7 or above may be substituted.)
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to bend, crouch, walk, climb stairs and ladders, reach above head, sit (to drive) and lift up to 40 pounds.
* Will occasionally be required to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
* May be required to remove snow from sidewalks, driveways, and parking areas, using snow shovels or snow plow.
Interested applicants please visit our Career Center @ www.gce.org and complete our on-line applications. Our toll free number is (866) 236-3981.
Global Connections to Employment, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING REQUIRED