Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, Texas
As the Pension and Benefits Advisor, you will join a business focused Human Resources (HR) team supporting a culture of high performance and results while delivering effective and efficient HR support.
Reporting to the Manager, U.S. Pension and Benefits (located in Calgary, AB), in this position your primary accountability will be to manage the ongoing administration of the Benefits programs for U.S. employees and provide subject matter expertise to the TransCanada HR Team.
* Manage ongoing U.S. Benefits program administration to ensure efficiency, accuracy and compliance with applicable legislation, regulations and internal SOX requirements;
* Provide support, guidance and decision making for all aspects of daily program administration;
* Monitor, reconcile and process invoices, benefit payments and various payroll deductions;
* Lead all aspects of open enrollment for U.S. employees and retirees, including project planning, pricing, communications and issues resolution;
* Lead regular annual projects such as Voluntary Employee Benefit Association (VEBA) plan audits, non-discrimination testing and regulatory filings;
* Audit processes, reporting, interfaces and system changes regularly and develop improvements as necessary;
* Build and maintain strong working relationships with third-party administrators;
* Develop and/or review communications with employees, including Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs), employee booklets and website content;
* Respond to questions and requests from employees and third-party administrators;
* Provide ongoing support and mentorship to the Pension and Benefits team and perform other pension and benefit administration duties as assigned;
* Collaborate with other HR team members on cross-functional projects to improve the efficiency of current and/or new processes and procedures.
* Excellent analytical and mathematical skills, with solid attention to detail;
* Proven customer service skills and highly effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to adapt delivery to suit the audience;
* Ability to self-start and work independently as well as in teams;
* Demonstrates considerable judgment and initiative in interpreting policies and programs;
* Strong organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
* A Bachelor s degree from a recognized post-secondary institution;
* Six or more years of related HR experience;
* Advanced computer skills with strong proficiency and experience Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel;
* Experience in SAP and/or Ceridian would be considered an asset.
This position may be located in either Houston, TX, USA or Calgary, AB, CA. This job posting is for Houston, TX.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 06/27/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter Reference Code 49270. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: HR, Payroll, ERP, Law, Compensation, Human Resources, Finance, Technology, Legal.