Natural Gas Pipeline Scheduling Analyst at TransCanada
Posted in Other 5 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, Texas
Reporting to the Manager of Nominations and Scheduling, the Natural Gas Pipeline and Storage Scheduler performs the more complex analytical duties in the areas of confirming daily pipeline activities, allocating receipt/delivery points, processing customer nominations, managing imbalances and scheduling the pipeline transmission and storage services.
* Works within a team environment, manages all aspects of customer accounts as they relate to transportation and storage services;
* Provides after hours customer support on evening and weekends including holidays
* Incumbent will participate in a scheduling rotation and will be responsible for providing back up support to other schedulers on evenings, weekends and holidays often on short notice;
* Analyzes customer nominations and allocates pipeline capacity if necessary in accordance with the pipeline's FERC gas tariff;
* Works with Gas Control and Facilities Planning groups to understand physical operations and how they would commercially impact customers;
* Assists producers, marketers and end users in their daily operations and provide information of internal constraints to allow shippers to optimize pipeline capacities to meet market needs;
* Responds to customer, producer, pipeline or marketer inquiries as their questions relate to confirmed quantities, allocation methodology or imbalances;
* Monitors pipeline interconnect OBA's to assure balances are maintained at an operationally acceptable level. Negotiates OBA's with interconnecting parties;
* Confirms pipeline supplies and deliveries, and develops solutions to confirmation problems to the satisfaction of all parties;
* Represents Nominations and Scheduling with other internal departments; must understand the processes of the various business areas (accounting, information technology, etc.) in order to effectively support data needs;
* Presents industry issues and recommends business solutions to management as well as other internal and external audiences;
* Works closely with IT business analysts to develop and maintain computer systems to support the Customer Service process; identifies and analyzes needed process improvements and implements changes in the computer systems as needed;
* Coordinates or provides training to internal personnel and external customers as it relates to new systems or system enhancements;
* Actively demonstrates regulatory compliance and consults with others concerning issues where regulations may impact business decisions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION: QUALIFICATIONS
* A working knowledge of TC s Natural Gas Pipelines and Storage companies preferred;
* A working knowledge of the North American Energy Standards Board (NAESB) standards, preferred;
* Ability to translate high-level business objectives to needed process improvements;
* Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving and communication skills;
* Ability to handle multiple assignments with varying priorities and due dates;
* Must be flexible and willing to work a rotational schedule that includes working some evenings, weekends and holidays.
* Bachelor's degree, required;
* Minimum 4 years of related work experience;
* Experience working with Interstate Pipeline Transactional Systems and Scheduling Natural Gas Activity for Interstate Pipelines and/or Storage companies, preferred;
* Functional utilization of MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 06/27/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter Reference Code 52206. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Law, Scheduler, Compliance, Legal, Customer Service, Administrative.