Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Charleston, West Virginia
The Monitoring Center serves as first-line of communication with field personnel, landowners/state and local authorities pertaining to questions and concerns of Columbia facilities. Analysts handle calls from both internal (Gas Control, etc.) and external (the emergency 800 numbers) sources. This position will provide coverage for employees on rotating 12-hour shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays and work a standard 40 hour week when not filling in on shift.
This position is looking for an employee who possesses strong analytical and communication skills to work in the Monitoring Center for a U.S. based Natural Gas pipeline & storage company s Control Room.
This position will independently follow established methods, Control Room Management Plan (CRM) and procedures to ensure the safe and reliable operation of the U.S. Pipeline systems.
*We anticipate filling this position locally, therefore it is not eligible for cross-border or domestic relocation programs.
*This position is overtime eligible.
*Hours of work may vary. This position will fill in on rotating 12 hour shifts when required, and will work a standard 40 hour week when not providing coverage for shift employees.
* Performs on team that is responsible for 24-hr./day monitoring of the pipeline system in 12-hr. rotating shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays;
* Takes appropriate actions to respond to notifications from gas control and external systems (including but not limited to PI, Electronic measurement, and telephone communications);
* Serves as first-line of communication with field personnel and landowners/state and local authorities pertaining to questions and concerns of CPG facilities;
* Maintain a basic knowledge of the equipment/facilities in operation; applies knowledge of the specific operation characteristics of individual stations;
* Receives calls from 1-800 number on pipeline markers, logs pertinent information on the emergency, and makes call to the appropriate field personnel to handle emergency;
* Assists gas control by initiating work request to appropriate field employee for pipeline, compressor, M&R, A&E problems, when necessary;
* Manages Emergency and Incident response coordination, logs pertinent information on the event (per the Documentation Standard), dispatches appropriate Field personnel to respond to the event and collects and documents further event detail as required;
* The Monitoring Center will be required to follow TransCanada s Emergency Management Plan and help in the management of the plan during an incident;
* Respond to emergency one-calls by clearing or dispatching to the appropriate field location;
* Help at times with the Miss Utility tickets \\"Call before you dig\\";
* Adheres to, and assists in complying with, the Control Room Management (CRM) Program under the requirements of the Pipeline Hazardous Materials and Safety Administration (PHMSA) regulations;
* Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Education
* Outstanding analytical and problem solving abilities;
* Able to type 60 words per minute;
* Remains calm, effective and even-tempered in high-pressure circumstances or in confusing, chaotic, or demanding situations;
* Ability to quickly determine when deviations or anomalies can lead to problems;
* Good planning, organization, and teaming skills;
* Willing to take a risk and make decisions;
* Familiarity with computer software currently used by TransCanada
* Flexibility to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment;
* Must excel in communication skills (verbal, written, and electronic) and possess excellent customer service skills required to work with individuals at all levels of the organization;
* Functions well in a team-based environment;
* Candidate must be a quick learner.
Education / Experience
* High school diploma or GED required;
* Two-year degree in business or technical discipline preferred;
* 2-5 years experience with diverse pipeline systems preferred.
*This position requires candidates to:
* Have and maintain a valid driver's license;
* Provide a driver's abstract for review;
* Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing;
* Be willing and able to work a flexible schedule that may include standard business hours, 12-hr. shifts, nights, weekends and holidays;
* Be available for overtime, extended work hours, and call-outs as needed and sometimes at short notice;
* Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home.
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 06/20/2018. To apply, go to jobs.transcanada.com and enter Reference Code 52205. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Nearest Major Market: Charleston West Virginia
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Accounting, Temporary, CRM, Operations, Finance, Contract, Technology.