Social Worker at Loyola University Of Chicago
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Chicago-Water Tower Campus
ARRUPE COLLEGE (02950A)
IS THIS SPLIT AND/OR FULLY GRANT FUNDED*
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The social worker reports to the Associate Dean for Student Success at Arrupe College of Loyola University Chicago. Additionally, this position receives clinical supervision from the Associate Director of the Wellness Center at Loyola University Chicago and participates in university-wide mental health team meetings.
This position provides therapeutic counseling and case management services to Arrupe College students. Additionally, this position works collaboratively with faculty, staff, and administration at Arrupe College to provide appropriate information and programming regarding mental health and wellness for students.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides short and long-term therapy to students who are currently enrolled at Arrupe College and who have transferred from Arrupe College into a bachelor s degree program at Loyola University Chicago.
* Provides, as available, short and long-term support to families and parents of Arrupe College students.
* Provides psycho-social assessment and diagnosis of behavioral and clinical impairments, with recommendations and/or environmental manipulations at the school, home and/or in the community with periodic re-evaluations.
* Participates in case conferences involving cooperation with other student personnel workers, school personnel and community agencies.
* In collaboration with other staff in the Office of Student Services, creates and implements programming related to mental health and wellness.
* Supports major programming initiatives within the Office of Student Services, including, but not limited to, the Spirit of Arrupe Sommer Orientation program.
* Has knowledge of and makes referrals to public or private social service, community, and government agencies; engages appropriate follow-up when referrals are made.
* Serves as a liaison between school, family and community resources.
* Maintains appropriate school records and provides written reports and communications.
* Participates as a resource person in in-service training and planning.
* Acts as a consultant to resolve problems concerning behavioral and clinical factors that influence academic performance.
* Participates in educational planning processes.
* In collaboration with other staff and faculty, responds to immediate student needs and concerns as they arise.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE
Master s degree in social work and one-three years of related experience. Licenses: (LCSW) in Illinois
5-7 years experience
Experience working with students, individuals with exceptional need, and people of color preferred; culturally competent. Superior written and verbal communication skills. Superior interpersonal and collaborative skills. Superior problem solving and critical thinking abilities. Ability to work and respond in an ever-changing and adaptable work environment. Shows forward and creative thinking. Workshop facilitation experience preferred. Knowledge of Jesuit higher education ideals and practices preferred. Ability to work occasional evening and weekend hours as needed.
Valid LCSW license in the state of Illinois
Proficient with MS Office suite and online-hosted programs for entering and managing clinical notes. Ability to learn and utilize instructional and administrative programs essential to supporting student success, including (but not limited to) LOCUS, Sakai, and Business Intelligence Reports.
REQUIRED OPERATION OF UNIVERSITY OWNED VEHICLES
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE DIRECT ANIMAL OR PATIENT CONTACT*
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
QUICK LINK FOR POSTING
Loyola University Chicago is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer with a strong commitment to hiring for our mission and diversifying our faculty.