Sr. Cyber Security Analyst at Symantec
Posted in Other 8 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Are you passionate about security? Love solving difficult problems? Want to work with a wide variety of clients across various industries? Come work with Symantec! Senior Security Analysts in Symantec's Managed Security Services work on a world class team to identify threats within client environments, in order to keep clients secure. The responsibilities of this role are to work with clients to ensure all their security analysis needs are met. This includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
* Own and resolve all MSS client analysis issues and requests.
* Work with clients to tune/classify vendor and proprietary signatures appropriately, in order to provide customized detection for clients.
* Provide guidance and assistance to security analysts and act as an escalation point on complex customer issues.
* Write guidelines for handling of security incidents for use by security analysts.
* Routinely review security incidents and other customer deliverables for adherence to the established procedures and guidelines. Document, rectify and provide feedback to analysts as necessary.
* Work on projects to improve the value of security monitoring for clients.
* 3-4 years of IT or security experience, with a minimum of 2 years of experience in an information security position ideally focused on intrusion detection/network security monitoring and analysis.
* A strong understanding of the information security threat landscape, including detailed technical knowledge about the most prevalent vulnerabilities, threats, attack methods, and infection vectors.
* A solid foundation in computer networking fundamentals, including a detailed understanding of TCP/IP and other core Internet protocols
* The ability to express themselves clearly and demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience researching complex technical subject matter, and clearly documenting the results/key findings for others to review
* Experience working with clients, preferably in an operational environment.
* Hands-on experience with market-leading security products is desired, including intrusion detection systems (Snort/SourceFire, IBM Proventia/ISS, McAfee IntruShield) and firewalls (CheckPoint, Cisco PIX).
* One or more of the following certifications is desired: CISSP, GCIA, GCIH.
On call duties may be required.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.