Finance Manager - CPE at Symantec
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Tempe, Arizona
FINANCE MANAGER CLOUD PLATFORM GROUP (CPE)
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
CPE operates the full cloud infra (both public and private) and develops new cloud platform features to support our growing Enterprise cloud businesses. The Finance Manager CPE will have responsibility for providing financial support to this key group, with emphasis on the public cloud infra and the transformational journey from private to public cloud that Symantec is currently undertaking. This role will be part of the Enterprise FP&A organization and will report to the Senior Director Finance for Enterprise R&D and Cloud Ops.
* Serve as primary finance business partner to the VP of CPE and their broader leadership team
* Lead the financial planning and forecasting processes for the group; perform day-to-day expense management and participate in the monthly close
* Maintain regular reporting to ensure that the group meets their financial commitments, including monthly analysis of operating results and variances
* Develop a deep understanding of the Business; influence business decisions
* Perform ad-hoc analyses and provide awareness of as well as solutions to complex business issues; topics addressed may include, among others:
* Cost assessments comparing public v. private infra
* Building out new forecasting, reporting, and expense management capabilities for significantly growing public cloud workloads, including showback costs
* Identifying spend optimization / efficiency opportunities and making resource allocation trade-offs
* Cloud infra cost inputs for Product-Line P&L s
* Participate in financial analyses across Enterprise FP&A, including assessments of variable cloud COGS for pricing and other decisions
* This will be primarily an individual contributor position, but may involve some support from a junior analyst
* 8+ years of Finance experience, preferably in a multi-national software or other high-tech company with cloud products
* Prior experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure or private data centers) a plus
* Ability to build effective business relationships with all levels of an organization; experience supporting a business unit preferred, as is experience working in a matrixed environment
* High degree of business acumen and analytical skills, with a proven ability to turn data into meaningful insights for senior leaders
* Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to think critically and creatively about solutions in a dynamic working environment
* Demonstrated knowledge of financial tools and processes for planning, forecasting and reporting; working knowledge of accounting principles including capital accounting
* High degree of initiative
* Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
* Bachelor s Degree required; MBA preferred
* Advanced Excel skills required; experience with Hyperion and Business Objects preferred
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.