Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Symantec is the global leader in the rapidly changing Security industry and we are looking for ambitious Engineers to join our teams. Our product portfolio is diverse and ahead of its time. With over 3500 researchers and engineers focused on research and development, we continue to expand our Integrated Cyber Defense platforms to protect our customers like no one else can.
Our customers range from small startup businesses to many of the world s largest organizations. Our customer focus is what makes Symantec the industry leader in the Security industry. We are dedicated to solving our customer s most challenging technical issues, and along the way we become their trusted advisors.
Within Symantec s Cyber Security Services Engineering team, you will mold how customers interact and leverage the strength of our products & services. The ideal candidate is an experienced full stack engineer with 4+ years web application experience, knowledge of the latest web technologies and an appreciation for simple, elegant code and a clean user experience. The full stack engineer will get to make an immediate impact developing software that helps keep our customers safe.
As an API-Full Stack Engineer (Software Engineer 3), you will:
* Build the customer experience for Cyber Security Services. This includes front end development and middleware API work for web and mobile.
* Collaborate with product management, product owners, software architects and other engineering teams to develop innovative solutions that meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
* Build and leverage API infrastructure to develop and launch new features and capabilities.
* Build for performance; you re the kind of person who can take a page that loads in 2 seconds and get it down to 1 second or less.
* Work collaboratively with other engineers across a global team.
* 3+ years of software design and development experience, solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, OOPs, and software design.
* Experience in REST APIs, .NET, C#, ASP.NET, Java, python, RDBMS (SQL Server) (more the better)
* Experience building web services and good understanding of SOA related standards like REST/OAuth/JSON
* Must have good working knowledge and debugging skills using Developer Tools, Firebug etc.
* Strong verbal, written, and visual presentation skills.
* Track record of shipping impactful projects in an iterative fashion
* Have experience and interest in data driven design.
* Bonus: Security-related experience
* Bonus: Agile experience (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban)
* Bonus: AWS platform experience
* Bonus: Working with Jenkins, Stash, JIRA and other associated tool sets within a CI/CD environment
* MS + 2 years of experience or Bachelor s degree (BSCS or BSEE or Other Related 4yr Technical Degree) + 4 years of experience
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.