Cloud Network Automation Engineer at Symantec
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mountain View, California
Symantec is recruiting talented engineers for our rapidly growing Cloud security business. Our Cloud-delivered Web Security Service (WSS) is continuously rolling out features & enhancements to improve the security of our Customers. We are seeking a talented Cloud Network Automation Engineer for our R&D team, based in our Mountain View headquarters.
* Actively participate in network/security solution designs with architects or senior leads.
* Rapidly build and test proof-of-concept solutions designed by our Cloud architecture team.
* Present demos of upcoming network security solutions to stakeholders in Cloud Engineering and Operations.
* Execute network security integration tests and document test results. Automate test case execution using networking vendor APIs.
* Test IPSec and GRE interoperability of 3rd party firewalls/routers. Automate test case execution using networking vendor APIs.
* Any other duties as required by management.
Required Skills (Mandatory)
* Experience configuring and testing IPSEC, OpenVPN and GRE tunnels.
* Deep knowledge of networking protocols: TCP/IP, IPv4, IPv6, BGP, OSPF, ARP, ICMP, DNS, HTTP
* Knowledge in one or more languages: Python, Perl, TCL, Expect, Unix Shell
* Working knowledge of Network Test analysis tools (IXIA-IxLoad, & Breaking Point), Wireshark).
* Knowledge of virtual platforms/hypervisors such as VMare ESXi, KVM or Xen.
* 3-5 years experience working with TCP/IP networking (layers 2-7 in OSI stack). Experience with hands-on troubleshooting and performance tuning TCP/IP network stack in Linux, IOS or network vendor OS.
* 3-5 years experience managing LAN/WAN environment with a range of network equipment: network switches, proxies, firewalls from Cisco, Juniper, Brocade or other established vendors.
Desired Skills (Optional)
* Experience building network infrastructure in Amazon Web Services (AWS), using AWS VPC, Route 53, ELB, Auto Scaling, CloudFront, Direct Connect.
* Experience automating deployment of AWS network infrastructure using CloudFormation or OpsWorks.
* One or more AWS certifications (Solutions Architect or SysOps).
* Experience with Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.