Principal Product Manager, Cloud Management Console for Threat Protection at Symantec
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mountain View, California
As Principal Product Manager, you will lead strategy and execution for Symantec s next generation SaaS product experience. You will drive the unified console strategy that brings together products from multiple Symantec portfolios and is built on a modern analytics-driven, ML-powered and API-centric Cloud platform. You will be responsible for driving a platform experience that unlocks the full power of Symantec s Integrated Cyber Defense portfolio for every customer.
As Principal Product Manager, you will:
* Lead the identification, prioritization and management of requirements related to ensuring an end-to-end SaaS product experience.
* Work directly with the product development and engineering teams to establish an end-to-end product strategy and roadmap.
* Work with multiple product development teams, field sales engineers, technical engineering and sales/marketing to develop integrated high-level solutions, use cases, business requirements and financial business cases for the SaaS Platform.
* Work closely with UX designers to create a product design that is intuitive, modern and differentiated by overseeing overall UX design, development and implementation activities.
* Serve as a liaison between the product teams, SaaS Platform Engineering and IT teams with regard to establishing requirements, managing timelines, setting priorities and coordinating project schedules/dependencies.
* Develop use cases, user stories and use case scenarios that describe the technical functional workflows, information exchange and user experience requirements to address specific market needs
* Develop business requirements documentations and working with product development teams to determine level-of-effort estimates and prioritizing requirements
* Work with IT to ensure that the customer experience across all routes to market (including e-commerce, partner APIs, and direct sales) to automate the customer lifecycle experience with the Symantec SaaS Products.
* Support the management and creation of technical requirements and project schedule, risks and conducting weekly client project status reviews
Technical Understanding / Skills and Experience:
* Hands on experience with leading product UX development including persona analysis, use case story-boarding, UX design review, product prototyping and customer validation for enterprise / SMB products.
* The role requires you to be acquainted with Agile systems development methodologies, systems integration architectures, and have a strong grasp of SaaS business models in the Enterprise / SMB space.
* Additionally, you must possess a strong business acumen to establish and lead the development of business cases and financial metrics in regard to return on investment and NPV.
* Hands on experience with establishing end-to-end SaaS processes for Enterprise / SMB market including e-commerce and partner channel sales routes to market
* Project management skills, with demonstrated experience managing multiple large-scale projects simultaneously
* Strong understanding of IT Technical Infrastructure, Software Application Architectures
* Understanding of Agile software development methodology
* Strong verbal and written communications skills
* BS in EE, CS or related field or equivalent technical relevant experience
* 5+ years of experience in product management capacity leading large-scale software development or systems integration initiatives
* 7+ years of total experience in software industry
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.