Software Development Engineer 4 at Symantec
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mountain View, California
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
ABOUT THE SYMANTEC LIFELOCK CBU TEAM.
Be part of engineering team that is responsible for building high-performance and scalable data systems and APIs for LifeLocks Identity Protection Service.
* Work closely with product teams, architects and application teams, service delivery and product security team to understand platform requirements and translate them into software requirements.
* Prototype and design solutions to address the software requirements using object oriented analysis and design methodology.
* Evaluate and leverage open source technologies
* Develop and maintain highly performant backend systems and APIs for data movement, data processing.
* Work closely with service delivery team to troubleshoot production issues to ensure timely resolution, service availability and quality.
* Mentor and provide technical guidance on application development to junior members of the team
* Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* 8+ years of hands-on experience in software development
* Proficiency in one or more of the following
* Experience in working with open source frameworks such as Hibernate and Spring
* Experience building RESTful APIs and services
* Experience with relational (SQL) and NoSQl Databases
* Experience in working with data flows, data architecture, ETL and processing of unstructured data
* Experience in developing applications using Amazon cloud computing services.
* Strong analytics, problem solving and communication skills
* Experience with big data technologies such as HADOOP, Spark, AWS EMR, Druid a big plus
* Experience with one or more statistical and machine learning packages or frameworks such as R, MLlib, Tensorflow a big plus
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.