Quality Engineer I Job at Boston Scientific Corporation
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: quincy, Massachusetts
Purpose and Passion * Comprehensive Benefits * Life-Work Integration * Community * Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we re one global team committed to making a difference in people s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose improving lives through your life s work.
Quality Engineer I
About the role:
The Quality Engineer I will be responsible for the developing, establishing and maintaining quality engineering methodologies, systems, and practices. These tasks will meet BSC, our customers, and regulatory requirements while providing focused quality engineering support within new product development, operational, or system/services support. This includes supporting the non-conformance team both locally within Quincy and other BSC locations.
Your responsibilities include:
* Support continuous improvement activities, NCEPs, CAPA and lean initiatives from a quality perspective for both internal and external customers. Participate in CAPA Review Boards
* Manage projects associated with site quality initiatives to assure that the distribution center s interests are accurately and objectively represented from a quality perspective. Support the document structure initiative within Quincy.
* Additional activities include: reviews of site documents for improvements, risk management activities, audit support, and lean business process improvements.
* Support functional teams in developing solutions for quality related issues and seeking new opportunities for continuous improvement.
* Serve as Quality Assurance representation on project teams by providing guidance for maintaining compliance to regulatory and corporate requirements.
* Implement use of process control tools both internally and externally with the goal of controlling manufacturing and distribution processes to eliminate non-value added activities.
* Coordinating the implementation and disposition of Shipping Hold Material. Maintain the Shipping Hold database, shipping hold files, communicates with M plants on status of shipping holds, and oversees the implementation of Shipping Holds. Initiates Quality Notifications in SAP as required for Quincy based Shipping Holds.
* Coordinates and oversees the control of the Quarantine Locations containing Shipping hold Material.
* Systematically and physically controls suspect nonconforming material found in Quincy and interacts with the appropriate source plant quality personnel and material planning personnel to the determine disposition of material.
* This position requires engineering skills as well as, excellent written and oral communication abilities.
* Knowledge of Problem solving techniques including root cause analysis, and cause and effect analysis
What we re looking for:
* Bachelor s degree in Science
* Engineering Degree or related field.
* SAP knowledge.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there s no better place to make it happen.
Boston Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Disability, Veteran
Requisition ID: 427989
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Quality Engineer, Medical, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Engineering, Healthcare, Quality