Sr Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud/AWS - Norton eBusiness at Symantec
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mountain View, California
Help make Symantec's eBusiness site fast, reliable and highly available for our customers and partners. As a site reliability engineer you are a systems administrator, technical operations or software engineer with a love of highly performant, fault-tolerant, distributed systems running in virtualized data centers.
* Building software and systems to manage infrastructure and applications through automation
* Deployment, support and monitoring of new platforms and application stacks
* Measurement and optimization of system performance
* Capacity planning and management
* Explore and evaluate new technologies and solutions to push our capabilities forward
* Work with Engineering groups to ensure systems are effectively integrated, configured, managed and supported in production.
* Track issues through the ticketing systems and follow through to resolution.
* Respond to automated system alerts, effectively troubleshoot system errors and work incidents to return systems to normal operating conditions.
* Remain current on trends and make recommendations to correct deficiencies and deliver improvements.
* Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
* Communicate effectively with management and co-workers.
* Identify the priority and criticality of incoming alerts and prioritize appropriately.
* Escalate significant issues to service, network or other operations engineers.
* Support our 24x7 production environment that will include being on-call during and after business hours.
* May require evening and weekend work as needed to support business.
* 1+ years experience in supporting high availability multi-tier web applications using cloud products (IaaS).
* 1+ years experience with infrastructure automation/orchestration (Puppet/Chef/Ansible) in a cloud environment.
* 1+ year experience working with a IaaS vendor such as: Amazon Web Services, Azure, Rackspace or SoftLayer.
* 1+ years experience using common systems monitoring tools such as Splunk, Nagios, New Relic, Airbrake or graphite
* 2+ years experience supporting Linux in production environments.
* Good understanding and practical hands-on knowledge of networking fundamentals.
* Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to nail down tricky problems. Should be used to isolating things down to find root cause.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to effectively convey messages via presentation to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Understanding and hands-on knowledge of information security fundamentals is a plus.
* Experience with scripting languages.
* Experience with DBA a plus.
Familiar with agile software development life cycle including source control systems (e.g; Git), ticketing systems (e.g; JIRA) and managed workflows is a plus
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.