Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Mountain View, California
* Ability to manage a program, as well as multiple projects under a Program
* For each projects, develop/identify a project team [internal scrum teams involved, external teams involved, key stakeholders]
* Align the plan with both internal and external teams.Use the agile cadence and terminology for internal teams [Release Plans, Sprints, Epics and User Stories] translate this into common terminology for the external teams [dates, deliverables, end to end testing, release to production, etc.]
* Always ensure tight alignment and partnership with the scrum masters, Product Managers and Product owners that are involved in the project and delivering parts of the product
* Manage each dependencies appropriately.Some may be owned/driven by the scrum team while others require project manager to get involved.Continued alignment with the scrum masters and product owners will allow project manager to make the appropriate call.
* Regardless of who owns the management of certain dependencies or action items, project manager is responsible for ensuring that they are being addressed and resolved.
* Identify risks and always develop a mitigation plan to prevent risks from materializing implement the plan and track its outcome
* Drive and track the projects:Progress, action items, risks and mitigations and key decisions.Ensure everything is documented and always communicated to the project team and stakeholders in a timely manner
* For any changes, immediately perform an impact analysis to the overall project and program determine the risk to the program and put together an appropriate mitigation plan and communication immediately.
* Summarize and communicate the progress of each individual projects to its stakeholders.Determine best communication method depending on the project size and your involvement.Some may require weekly project alignment meeting, some may only require email communication, etc.
* Always be ahead of the schedule while you confirm things that are due now, your focus should be things that should be due in next few weeks and ensuring the teams are on track for its delivery.Any meeting invitations should be prepared week(s) in advance, instead of last minute planning.
* Develop a program level plan which encompasses all projects underneath (if there are multiple projects)
* Provide the program level view of the progress of all the projects under a program determine what communication format and method makes the most sense for the program
* Schedule and drive the program level status meetings.Set a proper cadence, agenda, format and objective of the meeting and always follow up with the write up of the meeting discussions.Document and track any decisions, actions, risks that may have come up in the meeting.
* Schedule and drive a proper communication format, cadence and recipient of the program level communication.
* Ensure tight alignment with the scrum masters, Product Managers and product owners involved in the program.There may be one lead Product Manager which is the owner of the program which will be your key partner of the program.
* Master of the communication of all above information information at the to the to provide them the ability to make the best decision when needed.
* Successful program and project manager is expected to be ahead of the project plans instead of reacting to the dates.Ensure delivery owners are aware of the dates including when they need to start the effort instead of when they need to complete the effort.
* Ability to keep the team accountable to both deliverables and process.
* Solid understanding of the Agile Delivery Methodology and ability to quickly come up to speed on methodology being practiced within eCommerce.
* As Scrum Master, motivate and coach team for continuous improvements towards consistent delivery of working software each Sprint
* Remove any impediments that would prevent the scrum team to achieve its Sprint goals
* Ability to coordinate with multiple Agile scrum teams and non-Agile teams to deliver large initiatives
* Ability to support, provide assistance, and mentor other Scrum Masters and teams based on previous experiences
* Foster continuous improvement and self-organization in the scrum team.
* Coordinate and drive the well prepared agile ceremonies, especially Retrospectives.Have a clear agenda and objectives and come out with action plan which are tracked and measured.Report out on all the improvements implemented and their outcomes to be shared across the organization.
* Work with Product Owner to develop, groom and prioritize the backlog; ensuring a healthy product backlog
* Collaborate between Product owners and the Development team.
* Maintain Sprint artifacts and metrics including: velocity/progress and team performance, issues and risks, and handle communication with internal and external stakeholders.
* Knowing how to coordinate and drive all sprint ceremonies successfully to satisfy its main objectives are expected as basic expertise of the candidate.Release Planning, Daily Standups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demo and Retrospectives
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.