Sr Database Manager - Norton/LifeLock at Symantec
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Tempe, Arizona
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
The Manager of the Database Management Team will be a hands on manager responsible for management, operations, and overall architecture of the public cloud database platforms which currently consist of MongoDB, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL and AWS/Azure. This position will be tasked with taking the operations side of data and databases in a division of Symantec's Consumer Business division.
Manages the administration of an organization's database. Analyzes the organization's database needs and develops a long-term strategy for data storage. Establishes policies and procedures related to data security and integrity and monitors and limits database access as needed. Oversees the design, maintenance and implementation of the systems that manage an internal database. Requires a bachelor's degree with 8-10 of experience in the field. Typically reports to top management. Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
* Must have experience with managing and deploying database solutions on public clouds such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
* Demonstrated experience managing a team and strong leadership skills
* Strong understanding of both relational and non-relational databases
* Strong understanding of database related utilities and tools
* Ability to work with multiple database platforms
* Up-to-date knowledge of technology and thirst to stay on the cutting-edge
* Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to understand business needs
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
* An eye for detail and accuracy
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.